Deer hunting changes released
MT. VERNON — Jefferson County has been removed from the 2014-15 late-winter antlerless-only deer hunting season.“Solid science is the basis of our deer program,” said Marc Miller, director of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. “These changContinued ...
- Bridge letting Aug. 1
- United Way selects theme
- MVTHS gears up for semester
- Deer hunting changes released
Veda Sink, 93, of Benton, passed away Tuesday morning, July 22, 2014, at Stonebridge Senior Living Center in Benton.She was born on Oct.12, 1920, in Wayne County, the daughter of Mason and Wilma (Toombs) Walker. They lived near Burnt Prairie and moveContinued ...
- Herbert J. Newell
- Melvin W. Porter
- Tim Wisnewski
- Zola Collins
- Veda Sink
Mt. Vernon juniors sweep Centralia
Mt. Vernon's Post 141 Junior Legion squad swept past Centralia in a doubleheader Friday.
Post 141 claimed the opening game 3-1 before winning 10-5 in the second game.Continued ...
- Hines Sight: Cards claim momentum as break nears
- Lynn wins 10th, Cardinals top Pirates 5-2
- Knox, Arnold claim doubles crown
- Mt. Vernon juniors sweep Centralia
Are America's biggest alcohol brands targeting the country's underage youth?
Underage drinkers - those between the ages of 18 and 20, most specifically - are more heavily exposed to printed alcohol advertisements than any other age group, according to a new study. And it's America's biggest booze companies that could be to blame.Continued ...
- Avoidable injuries are killing too many young Americans
- Americans falling out of love with shopping malls
- A messaging app that doesn't use words at all
- Are America's biggest alcohol brands targeting the country's underage youth?