Salute to Freedom
Residents gathered at Mt.Vernon Outland Airport Friday night for the July 4 Salute to Freedom. Activities included a large children's area with inflatables; family acts on the stage, but the main attraction was the choreographed fireworks display.Continued ...
- WWII veteran set to take Honor Flight
- Local veterinarian offers tips for pet safety
- Salute to Freedom
National Night Out on Aug. 5
MT. VERNON — A community event that draws hundreds of community members will be held next month for the 14th consecutive year.National Night Out, a program that began in the mid 1980’s to promote involvement in crime prevention activities, will be heContinued ...
- Four new teachers hired for District 80
- Sen. Luechtefeld to host town hall meeting tonight
- City plan moving forward
- National Night Out on Aug. 5
Loiuise Whisenhunt, 89, of San Antonio, formerly of Mt. Vernon, died 7:48 p.m. Friday, July 11, 2014, at her home in San Antonio.She was born Sunday, Dec. 28, 1924, in Mt. Vernon, the daughter of Arch and Cora May (Hughey) Jungers. She married CharleContinued ...
- Gene Fox
- Bob Kelly
- Russell Bullock
- Robert Noel
- Louise Whisenhunt
Lynn wins 10th, Cardinals top Pirates 5-2
Lance Lynn reached double figures in wins before the All-Star break for the third straight year and Kolten Wong homered for the second game in a row, helping the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Pittsburgh Pirates for the third straight time, 5-2 on Wednesday night.Continued ...
- Knox, Arnold claim doubles crown
- Aviston drops Mt. Vernon
- Adams' homer gives Cardinals 2-0 win over Pirates
- Lynn wins 10th, Cardinals top Pirates 5-2
A messaging app that doesn't use words at all
About 10,000 people have signed up for usernames for a chat app that isn't even out yet: Emoj.li. It's an instant messenger app that uses no words at all — not even "Yo" or "Hodor!" Instead, it employs only emoji icons.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Mood experiment on Facebook
- Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation
- The science of shyness
- A messaging app that doesn't use words at all