The Fabulous Chinese Acrobats performed to a sold out house on Friday. The acrobatic show was held in the Performance Hall in the Mitchell Museum. The athletes flipped, tumbled and used balancing skills to entertain the audience. Volunteers from the crowd were given the chance to try a few tricks themselves.Continued ...
- End of an era
- Feed me, Seymour!
- Acrobats entertain
Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
Central Christian Church in Mt. Vernon organized a special community service day April 12, where church volunteers performed a number of service activities throughout the city. CASA of Jefferson County was one of the organizations to receive help through this program.Continued ...
- Community Good Friday Service to be held at Good Samaritan
- Officials confirm 1 case of norovirus
- Council considers rate hike
- Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
Robert Morris, 88, of Mt. Vernon, died at 1:34 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center. He was born April 3, 1926, in Charlestown, Ind., a son of Robert S. and Ruth (Montgomery) Morris. He was the beloved husband of ThContinued ...
- Shirley Reinhardt
- Richard Snodsmith
- Madolyn Welles
- Jerome 'J.D.' Eubanks
- Robert Morris
Do animals have a sense of humor?
Right now, in a high-security research lab at Northwestern University's Falk Center for Molecular Therapeutics, scientists are tickling rats. Their goal? To develop a pharmaceutical-grade happiness pill. But their efforts might also produce some of the best evidence yet that humor isn't something experienced exclusively by human beings.Continued ...
- Census: U.S. has fewest births since 1998
- VIDEO: Nice wedding, but did it trend on Twitter?
- Coffee's third wave? The Apple to Starbucks' Microsoft
- Do animals have a sense of humor?