Summersville Grade School hosted a kindergarten camp this week to help prepare future students for the new school year. Kathy Hollenkamp, the kindergarten teacher at Summersville, said having the camp has made a big difference in her classroom. On Thursday, the students spent part of the day working on projects that helped them with counting and fine motor skills. The 11 children in attendance also enjoyed circle time with Hollenkamp while learning about the calendar, nursery rhymes and the alphabet. The first day of school for Summersville students is Aug. 15.Continued ...
- Water works
- Ina school enhances security system
- Classroom fun
Detainee numbers decrease
MT. VERNON — The number of detainees booked at the Jefferson County Justice Center dropped off significantly in July, according to the monthly report provided by Sheriff Roger Mulch.There were 175 detainees booked in July compared to fiscal year highContinued ...
- Council urged to fix wall
- Deichman named police chief
- Speaker named
- Detainee numbers decrease
Charles Lemmons, Sr.
Charles D. Lemmons, Sr., 71, of Dale, died 4:25 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014, at Hamilton Memorial Hospital in McLeansboro. He was born Jan. 27, 1943, in Kennett, Mo., the son of Alfred and Roselee (Romhilt) Lemmons. He married Mandy C. Ellison and sContinued ...
- Alan Graham
- Robert Burton
- Jeannine Osborn
- Robert Burton
- Charles Lemmons, Sr.
Young Lady Rams gain vital summer experience
This summer might have been more critical than usual for player development within the Lady Rams basketball program.
“We graduated six seniors, and we're not kidding ourselves in saying we're going to be veteran because we're not,” Mt. Vernon coach Jeff Lonnon said.Continued ...
- Rams spend time at SIU football camp
- Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
- Root calls award 'humbling'
- Young Lady Rams gain vital summer experience
Don't judge mothers with messy homes
I was building shelves in my garage when a neighbor girl, one of my 4-year-old daughter's friends, approached me and said, "I just saw in your house. It's pretty dirty. Norah's mommy needs to clean more."Continued ...
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes