Awareness walk to be held
MT. VERNON —Several local agencies collaborate to raise awareness about child abuse prevention with the annual walk around the Jefferson County Courthouse on Friday, April 3.Continued ...
- JFPD warns of fire dangers
- One Hope United raises awareness
- Awareness walk to be held
Council considers rate hike
MT. VERNON -- The City Council is considering a water rate increase for the upcoming year. The council met Tuesday to discuss portions of the upcoming budget, which will cover the fiscal year beginning on May 1. Under the public utilities operating bContinued ...
- Local school raises money for heart health
- MVTHS eyes high gas bill
- County multiplier announced
- Council considers rate hike
Madolyn Louise Welles, 96, died at 5:40 p.m. Friday, April 11, 2014, at Bethesda Meadows in Ellisville, Mo. She was born Nov. 11, 1917, in Eldorado, the daughter of Harvey D. and Helen (Hughes) Rettinger. She married Samuel "Eugene" Welles on Nov. 10Continued ...
- Jerome 'J.D.' Eubanks
- Bill Scott
- Jo Ann Dent
- Edith Atchisson
- Madolyn Welles
Coffee's third wave? The Apple to Starbucks' Microsoft
Do you remember when Starbucks was cool? It opened in Seattle in the 1970s as a local specialty roaster, a trendy alternative to the prevailing generic swill. But the price of conquest is cachet. What was once novel — the warm décor, the gentle music, the faux-Italian lingo — has become banal. Today's coffee snobs would rather snort Sanka than set foot inside a StarbucksContinued ...
- Retirees' paperwork, stuck in a mine, points to government's balky IT problems
- Three apps to help you get back into cooking
- Starbucks to expand evening alcohol sales to thousands of stores
- Coffee's third wave? The Apple to Starbucks' Microsoft