Public utilities employees were searching for a water leak Wednesday morning on South 22nd Street. Steve McCoy, director of the public utilities department, said after water was discovered coming up through the ground, the employees were working to trail the leak to its source.Continued ...
- Ina school enhances security system
- Giddy up
- Water works
Council urged to fix wall
MT. VERNON — About 40 people blasted the City Council for choosing litigation over fixing a retaining wall on South 42nd Street.In April 2012, Jon and Sarah Henninger addressed the council about problems with a retaining wall leaning over the sidewalContinued ...
- Deichman named police chief
- Speaker named
- MVTHS moves forward on logo
- Council urged to fix wall
Max Alan Graham, age 60, of Sesser, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, surrounded by his loving family.Alan was born Jan. 1, 1954, in Mt. Vernon, a son of Max Ray Graham and Phyllis (Hartley) Graham. He marrContinued ...
- Robert Burton
- Jeannine Osborn
- Robert Burton
- Elberta Utterback
- Alan Graham
Young Lady Rams gain vital summer experience
This summer might have been more critical than usual for player development within the Lady Rams basketball program.
“We graduated six seniors, and we're not kidding ourselves in saying we're going to be veteran because we're not,” Mt. Vernon coach Jeff Lonnon said.Continued ...
- Rams spend time at SIU football camp
- Hines Sight: St. Louis, Chicago bring exciting aspects into season
- Root calls award 'humbling'
- Young Lady Rams gain vital summer experience
Don't judge mothers with messy homes
I was building shelves in my garage when a neighbor girl, one of my 4-year-old daughter's friends, approached me and said, "I just saw in your house. It's pretty dirty. Norah's mommy needs to clean more."Continued ...
- Has the ipad lost its swag?
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes