End of an era
The former St. Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital has been reduced to wire, metal and piles of rubble, after months of work on demolition. Crews from Shores Builders, which purchased the property, have been working on sorting and recycling the materials that once made the hospital campus.Continued ...
- Feed me, Seymour!
- Awareness walk to be held
- End of an era
Central Christian Church helps serve community
MT. VERNON -- More than 600 volunteers took part in the April 12 Central Serve Day organized by Central Christian Church. As part of the new program, members completed a variety of service projects that day throughout Mt. Vernon, including some much-Continued ...
- Good Friday service planned
- Chaplain given special assignment
- City part of state bike plan
- Central Christian Church helps serve community
Yvonne Phillips, age 86, of Mt. Vernon, passed away 7:35 p.m. Saturday April 12, 2014, at her home. Yvonne was born Feb. 28, 1928, in St. Louis, the daughter of Seldon Lawrence and Alma Sunshine (Webber) Heskett. Mrs. Phillips had worked at the InterContinued ...
- Robert Morris
- Shirley Reinhardt
- Richard Snodsmith
- Madolyn Welles
- Yvonne Phillips
Do animals have a sense of humor?
Right now, in a high-security research lab at Northwestern University's Falk Center for Molecular Therapeutics, scientists are tickling rats. Their goal? To develop a pharmaceutical-grade happiness pill. But their efforts might also produce some of the best evidence yet that humor isn't something experienced exclusively by human beings.Continued ...
- Census: U.S. has fewest births since 1998
- VIDEO: Nice wedding, but did it trend on Twitter?
- Coffee's third wave? The Apple to Starbucks' Microsoft
- Do animals have a sense of humor?