DMDC Street Scape
Construction workers of DePew and Owens, based in Centralia, work on the 200 block of South Ninth Street. The work is part of the city's Street Scape project. Workers recently completed the east side of the street, with the project extending from Harrison Street to Jordan Avenue.Continued ...
Summit offers hope to parolees
MT. VERNON — For Mt. Vernon resident Brian Shirrell the Summit of Hope expo held Tuesday at the Rolland W. Lewis Community Building provided him with the needed tools to help younger men and women who are at risk to commit crimes.Continued ...
Veteran's Day salute
The Village of Waltonville held a Veteran’s Day Parade on Monday. Residents came out to show their support for the veterans and enjoy the parade, which included floats, politicians, school bands, antique cars and tractors and veterans organizations.Continued ...
Foundation honors three alumni
Mt. Vernon High School Foundation held its annual alumni dinner on Saturday night at the Holiday Inn.Continued ...
- United Way salutes The Amy Center
- Ribbon cutting held for Casey expansion
- November proclaimed Adoption Month
- Makeup tutorial held at Brehm Library
- Water main on the mend
- Knife show draws hundreds of collectors
- DMDC Street Scape
MVTHS School Report Card data won't change
Mt. Vernon Township High School's 2012-2013 state test results will remain the same as what's listed in the district's recently released School Report Card.Continued ...
- Aggregate plan helping residents save
- Christmas Parade to light up town
- Grinch to visit the Granada
- MVTHS School Report Card data won't change
Suzanne Chrysler (Graham)
Suzanne Chrysler, age 78, of Woodlawn passed away 8:55 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, at her son's home in Mt. Vernon. Suzanne was born July 11, 1935, in Casey, a daughter of Ellis Chrysler and Juanita (Foster). She married Robert Graham; he preceded hContinued ...
- Bernice Hunt
- Art Barnard
- Mark Whisenhunt
- Dannie McKinney
- Suzanne Chrysler (Graham)
You're doing it wrong: French onion soup
French onion soup is the perfect thing to eat after spending a long day enjoying the great outdoors (especially when it's chilly outside) and it should satisfy refined palates.Continued ...
- Why late nights are bad for your immune system
- The myth that Christmas season starts earlier every year
- Holiday lights safety: How not to be the Griswolds
- You're doing it wrong: French onion soup