Alleged arsonist pleads innocent
MT. VERNON — A Mt. Vernon man being held on arson charges pleaded not guilty in court on Tuesday.Alec K. McLaughlin, 21, of the 1000 block of South 22nd Street, waived his right to a preliminary hearing and proceeded to arraignment before Judge EricContinued ...
- Deer hunting changes released
- Bridge letting Aug. 1
- United Way selects theme
- Alleged arsonist pleads innocent
Lucille Jeanette Kite, age 99, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 6:10 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. Lucille was born Sept. 25, 1914, in Decatur, a daughter of Marion and Helen (Kupisch) Sulenski. She marriedContinued ...
- Cecil Cagle
- Bob Sledge
- Veda Sink
- Herbert J. Newell
- Lucille Kite
Knox, Arnold claim doubles crown
The duo of Jade Knox and Nathan Arnold won the Jefferson County Mixed Doubles Tournament title on Wednesday in Veterans Park.Continued ...
- Aviston drops Mt. Vernon
- Adams' homer gives Cardinals 2-0 win over Pirates
- Trenton edges Mt. Vernon
- Knox, Arnold claim doubles crown
Americans falling out of love with shopping malls
Abandoned malls are hot: The Dead Malls Enthusiasts Facebook group boasts almost 14,000 members; a Google search of "dead malls" produces 5.7 million results; and the desolate interiors of these unused retailing meccas keep making cameos in thrillers and horror films.Continued ...
- A messaging app that doesn't use words at all
- VIDEO: Mood experiment on Facebook
- Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation
- Americans falling out of love with shopping malls