Republic adjusts first bill
MT. VERNON — After a rocky start to the new curbside recycling program in the city, Republic Waste is adjusting its first month bill.“They have had some, shall we say, growing pains, in providing efficient service in the few months we have contractedContinued ...
- Gold Wing Rally arrives this week
- MVTHS debates builder's insurance
- City branding consultant returns
- Republic adjusts first bill
Willis "Bill" Harlow
Willis Edward “Bill” Harlow, age 89, of Herrin, passed away early Friday morning, July 18, 2014, at Hurricane Creek Assisted Living Center in Herrin.Willis was born in Monmouth on May 31, 1925, the son of Raymond Francis and Maggie Marie (Graves) HarContinued ...
- Sharon Brown
- Terry Sloat
- Dana Aydt
- Eli Hook
- Willis "Bill" Harlow
Trenton edges Mt. Vernon
A pitching duel turned into a slugfest Saturday between Senior Legion Post 141 and Trenton.
Trenton scored five times in the seventh and held off a last-gasp rally to beat Mt. Vernon 7-6.Continued ...
- Futsal alive in Mt. Vernon
- Wainwright stymies Giants in Cardinals' 2-0 win
- Mt. Vernon sweeps Bluford juniors
- Trenton edges Mt. Vernon
The science of shyness
Shy people have quite a bit to contend with - not least the word itself.Continued ...
It has a number of different meanings, none of which are flattering. To "shy away" from something implies avoidance; to "shy" can also mean to move suddenly in fright; to "be shy of" something can mean to come up short, or be insufficient.
- VIDEO: Police say thief forgets to log off Facebook while robbing home
- New dental tool could mean the end of fillings as we know them
- More than one in every 10 vehicles on the road has been recalled since January
- The science of shyness