Clerk gets electronic billing
MT. VERNON — The City Clerk’s office is now using electronic billing.“We’ve just gone electronic,” City Clerk Jeri Hopkins said. “Up until now, we’ve been handwriting receipts, physically taking the checks and copies of receipts to the finance departContinued ...
- Luechtefeld hosts town hall meeting
- Zoo declared a success
- Dept. probes fires
- Clerk gets electronic billing
Velda Yvonne “Vel” Pearce, 77, of Carmi, passed away Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at 6:03 a.m. at her residence.She was born June 27, 1937, in Shawneetown, the daughter of Neal Theodore and Francis (Parker) Bryson. Vel married David Ray “Pud” Pearce on DeContinued ...
- Gloria Nuxoll
- Louise Whisenhunt
- Gene Fox
- Bob Kelly
- Vel Pearce
Wainwright stymies Giants in Cardinals' 2-0 win
Adam Wainwright will take the win and run.
On a night he managed only a season low for strikeouts, the St. Louis right-hander still found ways to dominate.
Wainwright allowed four hits over 7 2-3 innings, Matt Carpenter continued to feast on San Francisco pitching, and the Cardinals ended a scoring drought, beating the Giants 2-0 Wednesday night.
- Mt. Vernon sweeps Bluford juniors
- Lincecum leads Giants past Cardinals 5-0
- Hines Sight: Rams ready for late August football start
- Wainwright stymies Giants in Cardinals' 2-0 win
New dental tool could mean the end of fillings as we know them
There may come a time in the near future when fillings for minor cavities are a thing of the past. Researchers at King's College London are developing a procedure that uses low-frequency electrical currents to help teeth "self-heal" lesions, or cavities, without drilling.Continued ...
- More than one in every 10 vehicles on the road has been recalled since January
- Each glass of bubbly has at least a million reasons to drink it anytime
- Amazon enters smartphone wars with Fire Phone
- New dental tool could mean the end of fillings as we know them