Ash Bash set for Saturday
MT. VERNON — Organizers hope to raise at least $10,000 for cancer research at this year’s Ash Bash, an annual concert held in remembrance of Ashton Ilbery of Mt. Vernon.Ashton passed away in 2011 at the age of 23 from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Her pareContinued ...
- Ash Bash concert set for Saturday
- Aquatic Zoo winds down season
- UMCH awarded $1.1M grant
- Ash Bash set for Saturday
Dorothy K. “Dottie” Storment Hill, 67, of Macon, Ga., and formerly of Dix, passed away on Sunday, Aug, 10, 2014, at her home in Macon.She was born on Sept. 25, 1946, in Mt. Vernon, to Everett R. and Ruby Charlene (Purcell) Storment.Dottie graduated fContinued ...
- Mary Winemiller
- Donald Flanagan
- Laura Flannigan
- Danny Lowe
- Dorothy Hill
Root calls award 'humbling'
Webber's baseball team capped the season with several individual honors, and coach Sam Root recently added to the postseason awards list.
Root, who guided the Trojans to the 1A state finals in Peoria this spring, was named the Southern Illinois Baseball Coaches Association 1A Coach of the Year.Continued ...
- Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
- Salem ends Mt. Vernon's season
- Breese shuts down Mt. Vernon
- Root calls award 'humbling'
Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
Three times within a week, 34-year-old Michael Granillo went to the emergency room at Northridge Hospital Medical Center in Los Angeles because of intense back pain. Each time, Granillo, who didn't have insurance, stayed for less than an hour before leaving without being seen by a doctor.Continued ...
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- Starbucks sees more Apple-like stores after Colombia debut
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits