JFPD warns of fire dangers
MT. VERNON —Jefferson Fire Protection District has responded to more than nine field and grass fires over one weekend — and more than 30 in the past two weeks.Continued ...
- One Hope United raises awareness
- Primary students build model community
- JFPD warns of fire dangers
City part of state bike plan
MT. VERNON -- City officials provided input and comments on a Bike Transportation Plan released Wednesday by Gov. Pat Quinn. "A group of us went to a workshop on the Illinois Bike plan a few months ago," said City Tourism Director Bonnie Jerdon. "ItContinued ...
- Ride for Rylan slated
- Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
- Community Good Friday Service to be held at Good Samaritan
- City part of state bike plan
Richard Snodsmith, of Davisburg, died April 12, 2014, at 67 years of age. He was the beloved husband of Joan for 23 years; loving father of Richard S. (Kristin) Snodsmith of San Francisco, Ryan (Jennifer) Snodsmith of Holly, Tammy (David) Kwapis of OContinued ...
- Madolyn Welles
- Jerome 'J.D.' Eubanks
- Bill Scott
- Jo Ann Dent
- Richard Snodsmith
Coffee's third wave? The Apple to Starbucks' Microsoft
Do you remember when Starbucks was cool? It opened in Seattle in the 1970s as a local specialty roaster, a trendy alternative to the prevailing generic swill. But the price of conquest is cachet. What was once novel — the warm décor, the gentle music, the faux-Italian lingo — has become banal. Today's coffee snobs would rather snort Sanka than set foot inside a StarbucksContinued ...
- Retirees' paperwork, stuck in a mine, points to government's balky IT problems
- Three apps to help you get back into cooking
- Starbucks to expand evening alcohol sales to thousands of stores
- Coffee's third wave? The Apple to Starbucks' Microsoft