Luechtefeld hosts town hall meeting
MT. VERNON — The chances of local governments getting more funding to improve damaged roads are pretty slim unless some major changes are implemented at the state level, said State Sen. Dave Luechtefeld, R-Okawville.Luechtefeld hosted a town hall meeContinued ...
- Zoo declared a success
- Dept. probes fires
- National Night Out on Aug. 5
- Luechtefeld hosts town hall meeting
Gloria R. Nuxoll, 81, of Effingham, passed away on Tuesday afternoon, July 15, at St. Anthony Memorial Hospital in Effingham.A celebration of life service will be 10 a.m. Friday, July 18, at Hall Funeral Chapel in Effingham with Pastor Howard Kraps oContinued ...
- Louise Whisenhunt
- Gene Fox
- Bob Kelly
- Russell Bullock
- Gloria Nuxoll
Wainwright stymies Giants in Cardinals' 2-0 win
Adam Wainwright will take the win and run.
On a night he managed only a season low for strikeouts, the St. Louis right-hander still found ways to dominate.
Wainwright allowed four hits over 7 2-3 innings, Matt Carpenter continued to feast on San Francisco pitching, and the Cardinals ended a scoring drought, beating the Giants 2-0 Wednesday night.
- Mt. Vernon sweeps Bluford juniors
- Lincecum leads Giants past Cardinals 5-0
- Hines Sight: Rams ready for late August football start
- Wainwright stymies Giants in Cardinals' 2-0 win
New dental tool could mean the end of fillings as we know them
There may come a time in the near future when fillings for minor cavities are a thing of the past. Researchers at King's College London are developing a procedure that uses low-frequency electrical currents to help teeth "self-heal" lesions, or cavities, without drilling.Continued ...
- More than one in every 10 vehicles on the road has been recalled since January
- Each glass of bubbly has at least a million reasons to drink it anytime
- Amazon enters smartphone wars with Fire Phone
- New dental tool could mean the end of fillings as we know them