Gold Wing Rally
Several motorcycle chapters gathered for the Gold Wing Road Riders Association Summer Rally at the Holiday Inn on Friday. The main focus of the event was to promote motorcycle safety. The weekend-long event's theme was “Weekend of Heroes” as a tribute to all veterans, firemen, policemen and others who have served. Throughout the day, there were several vendors, bike games and a raffle.Continued ...
- RARE Chophouse to hit one year mark
- Hummingbirds banded for research
- Gold Wing Rally
Ash Bash concert set for Saturday
The third annual Ash Bash concert will take place from 2 p.m. to midnight Saturday on the property of Joe and Lori Ilbery, who live at 2307 Benton Road (37 South) in Mt. Vernon.Continued ...
- Aquatic Zoo winds down season
- UMCH awarded $1.1M grant
- D-80 OKs tentative budget
- Ash Bash concert set for Saturday
Mary Winemiller, age 73, a resident of Dahlgren, passed away at 11:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, at DePaul Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral arrangements for Mary Winemiller are pending at the Gholson Funeral Home in Dahlgren.Continued ...
- Donald Flanagan
- Laura Flannigan
- Danny Lowe
- Berlie Morgan
- Mary Winemiller
Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
Jake Odorizzi allowed two runs over 5 2-3 innings and Yunel Escobar highlighted a five-run fifth inning with a two-run double to lead the Tampa Bay Rays to a 7-2 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night.Continued ...
- Salem ends Mt. Vernon's season
- Breese shuts down Mt. Vernon
- Juniors top Salem
- Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
For nearly two years, cocoa prices have been on the rise. Finally, that's affecting the price you pay for a bar of chocolate - and there's reason to believe it's only the beginning.Continued ...
- Starbucks sees more Apple-like stores after Colombia debut
- VIDEO: Comcast apologizes after customer service call goes viral
- Why fewer people go bowling
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive