WWII veteran set to take Honor Flight
MT. VERNON —Decorated World War II veteran Cpl. William Lee will be one of several veterans who will be taking an Honor Flight to Washington D.C on Aug. 6.Continued ...
- Local veterinarian offers tips for pet safety
- Cruise-in after hours
- WWII veteran set to take Honor Flight
United Way selects theme
MT. VERNON — The theme for this year’s fundraising campaign for United Way of South Central Illinois has been announced.“Change for Change” has been selected as the theme of this year’s campaign, which will kick off at the Living Color, Live United fContinued ...
- MVTHS gears up for semester
- Clinical trial proves positive
- Gold Wing Rally to visit
- United Way selects theme
Veda Sink, 93, of Benton, passed away Tuesday morning, July 22, 2014, at Stonebridge Senior Living Center in Benton.She was born on Oct.12, 1920, in Wayne County, the daughter of Mason and Wilma (Toombs) Walker. They lived near Burnt Prairie and moveContinued ...
- Herbert J. Newell
- Melvin W. Porter
- Tim Wisnewski
- Zola Collins
- Veda Sink
Trenton edges Mt. Vernon
A pitching duel turned into a slugfest Saturday between Senior Legion Post 141 and Trenton.
Trenton scored five times in the seventh and held off a last-gasp rally to beat Mt. Vernon 7-6.Continued ...
- Futsal alive in Mt. Vernon
- Wainwright stymies Giants in Cardinals' 2-0 win
- Mt. Vernon sweeps Bluford juniors
- Trenton edges Mt. Vernon
Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation
Pop songs (generally) stay in one key, are in 4/4 time, last between three and five minutes, are organized into chunks of four or eight bars, have a repeating chorus played two to four times, include the title sung at least three times, and feature short melodic fragments that repeat a lot to help everyone to remember them.Continued ...
- The science of shyness
- VIDEO: Police say thief forgets to log off Facebook while robbing home
- New dental tool could mean the end of fillings as we know them
- Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation