Program to focus on Howe
MT. VERNON -- The Jefferson County Historical Society will present an educational program on American abolitionist Julia Ward Howe at 2 p.m. March 15 at the Historical Village. Howe is perhaps best known as the author of "The Battle Hymn of the RepubContinued ...
- Local history program to shine spotlight on Julia Ward Howe
- Brehm Library to host author presentation
- MVTHS gears up for 'South Pacific'
- Program to focus on Howe
Thelma L. Taylor, age 85, of Bloomington, died peacefully at 4:25 a.m. Monday, Feb. 24, 2014, at Martin Health Center, Bloomington. Thelma was born May 2, 1928, in Mt. Vernon, the daughter of Denver and Virda Winkler McDonald. She married William "BiContinued ...
- Hershel Campbell
- John Mocaby Sr.
- Wilma Mayo
- Donald Dantinne
- Thelma Taylor
Bluford finishes third
Bluford ended its season with a trophy Saturday afternoon in the Class S Southern Illinois Junior High School Athletic Association tournament held at Rend Lake College.Continued ...
- Rams prevail in OT
- Bluford falls in semi
- Rams wrestlers head to sectional
- Bluford finishes third
5 things you probably didn't know about the Sochi Olympics
Even with heavy media coverage, there are still a few interesting (and weird) things you might not know about the upcoming Olympic games in Russia.Continued ...
- 5 favorite 2014 Super Bowl ads
- 3 apps to help you get a better night's sleep
- Don't let ice, snow damage your home
- 5 things you probably didn't know about the Sochi Olympics