WWII veteran set to take Honor Flight
MT. VERNON —Decorated World War II veteran Cpl. William Lee will be one of several veterans who will be taking an Honor Flight to Washington D.C on Aug. 6.Continued ...
- Local veterinarian offers tips for pet safety
- Cruise-in after hours
- WWII veteran set to take Honor Flight
County Board calls last minute meeting
The Jefferson County Board has called a special meeting for 7:30 p.m. tonight in the county board room of the Jefferson County Courthouse.Continued ...
- MVTHS to hold pre-bid meeting
- Hummingbirds banded for research
- Alleged arsonist pleads innocent
- County Board calls last minute meeting
Herbert J. Newell
Herbert Jones Newell age 74, of Waltonville, passed away at 1:44 a.m. on Monday, July 21, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon.Herbert was born Jan. 8, 1940, in Waltonville, a son of Walter Raleigh Newell, Sr. and Edna BeatricContinued ...
- Melvin W. Porter
- Tim Wisnewski
- Zola Collins
- Lisa Barrett
- Herbert J. Newell
Futsal alive in Mt. Vernon
Jim Duncan wants his soccer players to focus on skill development.
This offseason Mt. Vernon athletes have an opportunity to do that through a new outlet – futsal.Continued ...
- Wainwright stymies Giants in Cardinals' 2-0 win
- Mt. Vernon sweeps Bluford juniors
- Lincecum leads Giants past Cardinals 5-0
- Futsal alive in Mt. Vernon
Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation
Pop songs (generally) stay in one key, are in 4/4 time, last between three and five minutes, are organized into chunks of four or eight bars, have a repeating chorus played two to four times, include the title sung at least three times, and feature short melodic fragments that repeat a lot to help everyone to remember them.Continued ...
- The science of shyness
- VIDEO: Police say thief forgets to log off Facebook while robbing home
- New dental tool could mean the end of fillings as we know them
- Wanna write a pop song? Here's a foolproof equation