Heritage Gala held at Holiday Inn
MT. VERNON — Pastor Christopher Swims gave a rousing speech at Saturday's African-American Heritage Gala, calling on men to be strong husbands and fathers, and to serve as mentors for youth.Continued ...
- Death under investigation
- Movie night fun
- Heritage Gala held at Holiday Inn
D-80 projects progress
MT. VERNON — District 80 Schools are undergoing a variety of maintenance projects this summer designed to improve safety and enhance the educational environment for students, school officials said.“It’s just nice to have some down time to be able toContinued ...
- MVTHS authorizes rebidding process
- City clears up policies
- Construction closes South 34th
- D-80 projects progress
Victoria Gene Lynn, 63, of Fairfield, died at 8:55 p.m. Thursday, July 10, 2014, at Fairfield Memorial Hospital.She was born June 19, 1951, in Mt. Vernon.She is survived by her mother, Jo Ann (Hunt) Osborne of Mt. Vernon; her husband of 35 years, RobContinued ...
- Barbara Burnett
- Pauline Glenn
- William Hussong
- Bill Phillips
- Victoria Lynn
Mt. Vernon prevails in 8
The Post 141 Senior Legion edged Carlyle in eight innings on Monday.
Mt. Vernon claimed the victory 2-1 after Reed Millwood was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded.Continued ...
- Post 141 falls to Centralia in extras
- Peralta's 2-run double helps Cards beat Dodgers
- Hines Sight: We've embraced soccer here in America
- Mt. Vernon prevails in 8
Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
Any parent or teacher can tell you that schoolchildren tend to slip back a bit academically over the long summer break. But now a Harvard University study has come up with troubling indications that they also gain weight more quickly during those months when, traditionally, we hope they're outdoors much of the time, enjoying the summer sun.Continued ...
- Father's Day cards make subjects the targets of jokes
- Texting while driving is latest teen risk as smoking declines
- VIDEO: Man attracts attention of local officials after feeding, swimming with alligators
- Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break