Youth from Jefferson County are showing off during the 2014 4-H Fair. Tuesday morning was the time for the sheep to shine, while swine were shown in the afternoon. Today, the dairy show will get underway at 8 a.m., with a master showmanship contest at 9 a.m. The tractor driving contest will be at 6 p.m. with the pre-4-H goat show at 6 p.m. The 4-H Livestock Auction will take place at 6:30 p.m. Horse shows will take place Saturday at King City Saddle Club to wind down the week of events.Continued ...
- 4-H Fair Dog and Cat Shows
- Mt. Vernon residents celebrate healthy living
- Showing off
Ash Bash set for Saturday
MT. VERNON — Organizers hope to raise at least $10,000 for cancer research at this year’s Ash Bash, an annual concert held in remembrance of Ashton Ilbery of Mt. Vernon.Ashton passed away in 2011 at the age of 23 from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Her pareContinued ...
- Ash Bash concert set for Saturday
- Aquatic Zoo winds down season
- UMCH awarded $1.1M grant
- Ash Bash set for Saturday
Mary Winemiller, age 73, a resident of Dahlgren, passed away at 11:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, at DePaul Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral arrangements for Mary Winemiller are pending at the Gholson Funeral Home in Dahlgren.Continued ...
- Donald Flanagan
- Laura Flannigan
- Danny Lowe
- Berlie Morgan
- Mary Winemiller
Lyday shuts out Bluford
MT. VERNON — Jeremiah Lyday went the distance and Mt. Vernon’s Jr. Legion squad did just enough offensively to advance in the district tournament at Brennan Klein Field on Friday.Lyday scattered three hits and recorded six strikeouts as Post 141 shutContinued ...
- Holliday powers Cardinals past Dodgers, 3-2
- Basketball camp concludes at Changnon
- Jeter, Trout lead AL over NL 5-3 in All-Star game
- Lyday shuts out Bluford
Why fewer people go bowling
Like other industries facing tough economic times, America's bowling centers are trying to reinvent themselves.Continued ...
- Almost half of the world actually prefers instant coffee
- VIDEO: Pilot buys pizzas for storm-delayed travelers
- VIDEO: Foiled beach gear theft goes viral
- Why fewer people go bowling