Republic adjusts first bill
MT. VERNON — After a rocky start to the new curbside recycling program in the city, Republic Waste is adjusting its first month bill.“They have had some, shall we say, growing pains, in providing efficient service in the few months we have contractedContinued ...
- Gold Wing Rally arrives this week
- MVTHS debates builder's insurance
- City branding consultant returns
- Republic adjusts first bill
Zola E. Collins, 91, of Mt. Vernon, died 7:50 a.m. Sunday, July 20, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. She was born Sunday, July 15, 1923, in Mt. Vernon, the daughter of William J. and Lillie (Harpoole) Sendelbach. She married KenneContinued ...
- Lisa Barrett
- Willis "Bill" Harlow
- Sharon Brown
- Terry Sloat
- Zola Collins
Lincecum leads Giants past Cardinals 5-0
Tim Lincecum has talked the past few years about rediscovering the consistency that won him two NL Cy Young Awards and made him one of baseball's best pitchers.
Lincecum's last two outings have brought him awfully close to finding that form again.
The rejuvenated right-hander followed his second career no-hitter with another vintage performance, pitching eight sharp innings to lead the San Francisco Giants past the St. Louis Cardinals 5-0 on Tuesday night.
- Hines Sight: Rams ready for late August football start
- Mt. Vernon prevails in 8
- Post 141 falls to Centralia in extras
- Lincecum leads Giants past Cardinals 5-0
More than one in every 10 vehicles on the road has been recalled since January
It's becoming the year of the recall: Automakers have recalled more than 28 million vehicles in the United States this year — more than one in 10 vehicles on the road — putting the industry on track to trample the 2004 record of 30.8 million.Continued ...
- Each glass of bubbly has at least a million reasons to drink it anytime
- Amazon enters smartphone wars with Fire Phone
- How 8,500 large companies will become small businesses overnight
- More than one in every 10 vehicles on the road has been recalled since January