Deer hunting changes released
MT. VERNON — Jefferson County has been removed from the 2014-15 late-winter antlerless-only deer hunting season.“Solid science is the basis of our deer program,” said Marc Miller, director of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. “These changContinued ...
- Bridge letting Aug. 1
- United Way selects theme
- MVTHS gears up for semester
- Deer hunting changes released
Lisa Dawn Barrett, 44, of Mt. Vernon, died 4:53 a.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. She was born on Thursday, Dec. 4, 1969, in Mt. Vernon, the daughter of Kenneth and Ruth Ann (Caupert) Hall. She married Mark BContinued ...
- Willis "Bill" Harlow
- Sharon Brown
- Terry Sloat
- Dana Aydt
- Lisa Barrett
Mt. Vernon sweeps Bluford juniors
The Post 141 Junior Legion squad beat Bluford Post 1193 in a doubleheader Wednesday.
Mt. Vernon claimed the opener 12-2 in five innings and was victorious 10-4 in the second matchup.Continued ...
- Lincecum leads Giants past Cardinals 5-0
- Hines Sight: Rams ready for late August football start
- Mt. Vernon prevails in 8
- Mt. Vernon sweeps Bluford juniors
More than one in every 10 vehicles on the road has been recalled since January
It's becoming the year of the recall: Automakers have recalled more than 28 million vehicles in the United States this year — more than one in 10 vehicles on the road — putting the industry on track to trample the 2004 record of 30.8 million.Continued ...
- Each glass of bubbly has at least a million reasons to drink it anytime
- Amazon enters smartphone wars with Fire Phone
- How 8,500 large companies will become small businesses overnight
- More than one in every 10 vehicles on the road has been recalled since January