School is in
Students from District 80 schools began attending summer school at J.L. Buford Intermediate Center on June 16. Throughout the day the children worked on subjects that include math, science, reading and music. The summer classes will continue until July 3.Continued ...
- United Way seeks athletic gear for kids
- Chemical fire extinguished
- School is in
Deer hunting changes released
MT. VERNON — Jefferson County has been removed from the 2014-15 late-winter antlerless-only deer hunting season.“Solid science is the basis of our deer program,” said Marc Miller, director of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. “These changContinued ...
- Bridge letting Aug. 1
- United Way selects theme
- MVTHS gears up for semester
- Deer hunting changes released
Lisa Dawn Barrett, 44, of Mt. Vernon, died 4:53 a.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. She was born on Thursday, Dec. 4, 1969, in Mt. Vernon, the daughter of Kenneth and Ruth Ann (Caupert) Hall. She married Mark BContinued ...
- Willis "Bill" Harlow
- Sharon Brown
- Terry Sloat
- Dana Aydt
- Lisa Barrett
Hines Sight: Rams ready for late August football start
Jared Shaner and his Mt. Vernon Rams football team are less than two months away from opening day.
The Rams will take the gridiron for their first game on Friday, Aug. 29.Continued ...
- Mt. Vernon prevails in 8
- Post 141 falls to Centralia in extras
- Peralta's 2-run double helps Cards beat Dodgers
- Hines Sight: Rams ready for late August football start
Each glass of bubbly has at least a million reasons to drink it anytime
So don't wait for a special occasion. Make one: a lousy day, a minor victory at the office, a tough commute home. That chilling bottle of bubbly might be just what's needed.Continued ...
- Amazon enters smartphone wars with Fire Phone
- How 8,500 large companies will become small businesses overnight
- Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
- Each glass of bubbly has at least a million reasons to drink it anytime