Reading dogs at Brehm
Two furry friends visited the C. E. Brehm Memorial Library on Wednesday as part of the Sam the Reading Dog program. Sam and Frodo, two book-loving corgis, enjoyed spending time at the library as area children read books aloud to them.Continued ...
- D-80 summer maintenance moves forward
- Tri-County elects new directors at meeting
- Reading dogs at Brehm
Race returns in 2015
MT. VERNON — Mt. Vernon Airport will again host the EAA AirVenture Cup Race in 2015.Manager Chris Collins made the announcement during the Airport Authority’s regular monthly meeting Tuesday night.“It’s a huge deal,” Collins said. “We’ll have 60 to 6Continued ...
- Rend Lake College Board meets tonight
- Man hurt in shooting
- Council favors no-burn ban
- Race returns in 2015
Mervin C. Burger, 82, formerly of Dale, died 5 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014, at his home in Eldorado. Funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Gholson Funeral Home in McLeansboro with the Rev. Tim Biggerstaff officiating. Interment will be atContinued ...
- Erma Williams
- Charles Monroe
- Stephen Stiff
- Shawn Pilcher
- Mervin Burger
Post 141 falls at Centralia
CENTRALIA — Centralia broke a 6-6 deadlock with a four-run outburst in the seventh inning to take a 10-7 West Division Senior Legion victory over Mt. Vernon on Tuesday.Continued ...
- Brewers maintain lead heading to break
- Cardinals rally from 6 down, beat Brewers 7-6
- Mt. Vernon juniors sweep Centralia
- Post 141 falls at Centralia
Are America's biggest alcohol brands targeting the country's underage youth?
Underage drinkers - those between the ages of 18 and 20, most specifically - are more heavily exposed to printed alcohol advertisements than any other age group, according to a new study. And it's America's biggest booze companies that could be to blame.Continued ...
- Avoidable injuries are killing too many young Americans
- Americans falling out of love with shopping malls
- A messaging app that doesn't use words at all
- Are America's biggest alcohol brands targeting the country's underage youth?