Visitors to the Aquatic Zoo beat the heat on Thursday with the water slides, splash pad, diving boards and the lazy river. According to information from the city, the facility has had large crowds so far this year; the highest number of visitors came in close to the 900 capacity and the lowest day at about 200.Continued ...
- Summer fishing clinics available at park
- Backyard Bounce event held
- Splash down
Zoo declared a success
MT. VERNON — City Recreation Coordinator Wes Plummer reported the aquatics facility is a success at the halfway mark of the summer season.“We’re going on six weeks open now, the swimming lessons are packed and we could have more if there was more timContinued ...
- Dept. probes fires
- National Night Out on Aug. 5
- Four new teachers hired for District 80
- Zoo declared a success
Robert D. Kelly Sr., age 76, of Mt. Vernon, passed away Monday, July 14, 2014, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon.Robert was born April 11, 1938, in Dahlgren, a son of Albert Kelly and Maude (Apgar) Kelly. He married Vicki (LaswelContinued ...
- Russell Bullock
- Robert Noel
- Nada Upchurch
- Dr. Thomas Coy
- Bob Kelly
Rockies end slide with 10-5 win over Cards
Justin Morneau hit a three-run homer and drove in six runs as the Colorado Rockies beat the St.Louis Cardinals 10-5 on Tuesday night to snap a seven-game losing streak.Continued ...
- Hines Sight: No one wants The Decision Part Deux
- Lynn, Adams lead Cards to 8-0 win over Rockies
- JCSA Softball
- Rockies end slide with 10-5 win over Cards
Social networks are the new matchmakers
With studies showing that one-third of married couples started their relationships online, finding romance via URLs is no longer as novel - and creepy - as it seemed when dating sites launched in the mid-1990s.Continued ...
- It's back! The world's cheapest airline flies again
- Spaceflight report says NASA strategy can't get humans to Mars
- An explanation for hiccups? Don't hold your breath
- Social networks are the new matchmakers