Finishing the fight
Area residents showed their support at the annual Relay for Life event on Friday at the Mt. Vernon Township High School track. Around 120 cancer survivors took the first official lap while family and friends cheered them on.Continued ...
- Maneuvers underway
- Prairie Child program kicks off for summer
- Finishing the fight
Sen. Luechtefeld to host town hall meeting tonight
State Sen. Dave Luechtefeld, R-Okawville, is hosting a town hall meeting at 6 p.m. tonight at the Jefferson County Courthouse. The focus of the session will be the current state of Motor Fuel Tax funding and disbursement, as well as other fiscal issues like the capital spending legislation.Continued ...
- City plan moving forward
- Legion Post 141 falls at Centralia
- Geese, ducks causing park problems
- Sen. Luechtefeld to host town hall meeting tonight
Victoria Gene Lynn, 63, of Fairfield, died at 8:55 p.m. Thursday, July 10, 2014, at Fairfield Memorial Hospital.She was born June 19, 1951, in Mt. Vernon.She is survived by her mother, Jo Ann (Hunt) Osborne of Mt. Vernon; her husband of 35 years, RobContinued ...
- Barbara Burnett
- Pauline Glenn
- William Hussong
- Bill Phillips
- Victoria Lynn
An explanation for hiccups? Don't hold your breath
We all get hiccups from time to time. Perhaps you ate too quickly, got too excited or drank something carbonated. Or you are coming out of anesthesia after an operation. But often there's no clear trigger. Doctors don't know what purpose they serve, nor do they know how to make them go away. In other words, the humble hiccup remains largely a mystery. And just as theories abound on causes and cures, so do home remedies.Continued ...
- Hospital charges to treat chest pain jump 10 percent in a year
- Distracted? 3 desktop apps to save you from yourself
- VIDEO: Chicago's Skydeck ledge cracks under tourists
- An explanation for hiccups? Don't hold your breath