Gold Wing Rally
Several motorcycle chapters gathered for the Gold Wing Road Riders Association Summer Rally at the Holiday Inn on Friday. The main focus of the event was to promote motorcycle safety. The weekend-long event's theme was “Weekend of Heroes” as a tribute to all veterans, firemen, policemen and others who have served. Throughout the day, there were several vendors, bike games and a raffle.Continued ...
- RARE Chophouse to hit one year mark
- Hummingbirds banded for research
- Gold Wing Rally
Three school mergers to be on ballot
MT. VERNON — Education officials confirmed Wednesday three school consolidation questions will be on the Nov. 4 ballot for Jefferson County.The proposed consolidations are for the Ina and Dodds grade school districts; the Woodlawn grade and high schoContinued ...
- District 80 registration set for Aug. 7 and 8
- Tickets now on sale for Dancing With Our Stars
- School enhances security
- Three school mergers to be on ballot
Leon Bennett, 66, of Xenia, passed away at 2:14 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at his home.Leon was born July 8, 1948, in Johnsonville, a son of Ferman Luther and Dororthy Dorene (Burgess) Bennett. He married Charlotte Sue Caudle on May 3, 1969, in XeniContinued ...
- Russell Wilson
- Verla Richardson
- Ethel Hardig
- Burrell "Gene" Davis
- Leon Bennett
Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
Jake Odorizzi allowed two runs over 5 2-3 innings and Yunel Escobar highlighted a five-run fifth inning with a two-run double to lead the Tampa Bay Rays to a 7-2 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night.Continued ...
- Salem ends Mt. Vernon's season
- Breese shuts down Mt. Vernon
- Juniors top Salem
- Rays win 6th straight, 7-2 over Cardinals
Has the ipad lost its swag?
The company reported this week that sales of its sleek, pricey tablet were down 19 percent from last quarter and 9 percent year-over-year. CEO Tim Cook tried to reassure investors that Apple's new partnership with IBM to sell its devices to IBM's corporate customers will help make iPads ubiquitous in the workplace. "This isn't something that worries us," he said of the iPad sales decline. But the numbers are disappointing no matter how you spin them.Continued ...
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Hospitals let patients schedule ER visits
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
- Has the ipad lost its swag?