Pupils in the pre-K classes at Dr. Andy Hall School participated in several fun activities on Tuesday, including singing songs led by teacher Denise Meyer, Mia Porter and Macie Prince worked with fun characters, Jazmin Guzman on blocks of letters and numbers and Ka'Vaya McClain built a snowman with assistance from Deb Stofferahn.Continued ...
- MVTHS students perform educational play
- Leilia Majors to turn 102 years old
- Pre-K Fun
Police Academy graduates 31
MT. VERNON -- A "graduation" ceremony was held Tuesday night for the 31 people in the community who attended the 2014 edition of the Mt. Vernon Police Department's Citizens Police Academy. The Citizens Police Academy is a six-week overview of the innContinued ...
- Schools to offer referendum
- LIHEAP funds available
- Electric bids ready to go
- Police Academy graduates 31
Thelma Jean Boswell, 85, of Opdyke, passed away at 1:10 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at St. John's Hospital in Springfield. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or visit www.hugheyContinued ...
- Bessie Hodge
- John Kramm
- Gary Melton
- James Newell
- Thelma Boswell
Rams focus on Althoff
The Rams start the second half of their South Seven Conference schedule, facing the lone team they defeated in the opening half.Continued ...
- Lady Rams fall to Highland
- Mt. Vernon tries to adjust without Fitzjerrells
- Effingham tops Mt. Vernon
- Rams focus on Althoff
4 ways to take advantage of (still) being snowed in
Temperatures are below freezing for much of the country. Many states are covered with more than a foot of snow. After days of being snowed in, cabin fever is starting to run rampant, but there are a few tasks that are actually best accomplished with some heavy snow on the ground.Continued ...
- Coming in 2014: Legal weed for women, honor roll for everyone, free handguns
- VIDEO: TV weather forecaster meltdowns
- Four ways to tell if Affordable Care Act is working
- 4 ways to take advantage of (still) being snowed in