4-H Fair Dog and Cat Shows
The Jefferson County 4-H Fair Dog and Cat Shows were held Saturday morning outside the University of Illinois Extension Office in Mt. Vernon. Thirteen dogs and seven cats were judged as part of the competition. Animals were evaluated on factors like care and handling, and obedience. The fair continues today with a Sheep Show at 8 a.m., a Swine Show at 7:30 p.m., and Farm Bureau Night from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. These events will all be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds behind Rend Lake College.Continued ...
- Mt. Vernon residents celebrate healthy living
- 4-H donation
- 4-H Fair Dog and Cat Shows
Cove Connection to begin next round of parenting classes
The Cove Connection Community Parenting Group will begin its next round of mentoring classes Aug. 5, and local parents still have time to sign up for the next session.Continued ...
- Collins appointed to RLCD
- Chophouse to hit one year mark
- Christmas inthe Park revived
- Cove Connection to begin next round of parenting classes
Rodney James Lipe, 76, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon. He was born Friday, April 29, 1938, in Jacksonville, the son of James A. and Ida Mae Lipe.Rodney worked as a laborer in area oiContinued ...
- Marshall Cross, Jr.
- Donna Dammrich
- Karen Kirk
- W. Gregg Goodman
- Rodney Lipe
Juniors top Salem
An early lead and strong pitching propelled the Post 141 Junior Legion team to a 3-1 win over Salem in the district tournament semifinals Saturday afternoon.Continued ...
- Lyday shuts out Bluford
- Holliday powers Cardinals past Dodgers, 3-2
- Basketball camp concludes at Changnon
- Juniors top Salem
Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
For nearly two years, cocoa prices have been on the rise. Finally, that's affecting the price you pay for a bar of chocolate - and there's reason to believe it's only the beginning.Continued ...
- Starbucks sees more Apple-like stores after Colombia debut
- VIDEO: Comcast apologizes after customer service call goes viral
- Why fewer people go bowling
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive