All Star Assembly held
Cheers and applause echoed through the Casey Middle School gym Friday afternoon during a special school assembly recognizing the school's All Stars for the month of April. Students achieve All Star status for displaying exceptional citizenship, performing well academically and having good attendance, among other factors. As part of Friday's ceremony, the All Stars received tokens and certificates, and seventh grader Priyanka Kaushal performed a dance routine.Continued ...
- Musicians come together at guitar show
- In the name of science
- All Star Assembly held
Illinois up-to-date on school payments
MT. VERNON — The State of Illinois is caught up in making its categorical grant payments to area schools as of July 1, said Ron Daniels, regional superintendent of the Hamilton-Jefferson Counties Regional Office of Education.However, state officialsContinued ...
- Topinka thanks volunteers
- Child still resents parents who skipped graduation
- Bethel School registration set
- Illinois up-to-date on school payments
Matthew Obbie Atkinson, 21, died in a tragic accident on June 21.He leaves behind a legacy of love for the outdoors and passion for service to others. Matt gave selflessly to friends, family, the poor and needy and cared for animals lovingly throughoContinued ...
- Norma Marvel
- Eleanora Garbers
- Arthur 'Dick' Clark
- Shaun Betts
- Matthew Atkinson
10 tips for surviving a severe allergy season
My colleague Brady Dennis reported recently that the arrival of warmer weather will soon unleash a pollen tsunami in parts of the country where the winter has been especially long and cold. Here are some survival tips from Clifford W. Bassett, an allergy specialist and assistant clinical professor of medicine at the New York University School of Medicine.Continued ...
- To get quality care, it helps to be the right kind of patient
- A man with amnesia taught us how memories become personal
- Long-term unemployed are still strong hires, study shows
- 10 tips for surviving a severe allergy season