4-H Fair Dog and Cat Shows
The Jefferson County 4-H Fair Dog and Cat Shows were held Saturday morning outside the University of Illinois Extension Office in Mt. Vernon. Thirteen dogs and seven cats were judged as part of the competition. Animals were evaluated on factors like care and handling, and obedience. The fair continues today with a Sheep Show at 8 a.m., a Swine Show at 7:30 p.m., and Farm Bureau Night from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. These events will all be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds behind Rend Lake College.Continued ...
- Mt. Vernon residents celebrate healthy living
- 4-H donation
- 4-H Fair Dog and Cat Shows
Tickets on sale for dance event
MT. VERNON — The Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois hope to raise more than $10,000 from this year’s Dancing With Our Stars fundraiser, which takes place Aug. 23 at Krieger’s Convention Center at the Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn.Tickets are now available forContinued ...
- Unemployment at 7 percent
- Cove Connection helps local parents
- Tickets on sale for dance event
Burrell "Gene" Davis
Burrell Eugene “Gene” Davis, 86, of Mt. Vernon, died at 6 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon.Mr. Davis was a retired Illinois Bell Telephone employee for forty years, ending his career as the state safety directContinued ...
- Rodney Lipe
- Marshall Cross, Jr.
- Donna Dammrich
- Karen Kirk
- Burrell "Gene" Davis
Juniors top Salem
An early lead and strong pitching propelled the Post 141 Junior Legion team to a 3-1 win over Salem in the district tournament semifinals Saturday afternoon.Continued ...
- Lyday shuts out Bluford
- Holliday powers Cardinals past Dodgers, 3-2
- Basketball camp concludes at Changnon
- Juniors top Salem
Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
Wal-Mart Stores plans to cut prices more aggressively during this year's back-to-school season and will add inventory to its online store as the chain battles retailers for student spending.Continued ...
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- Starbucks sees more Apple-like stores after Colombia debut
- VIDEO: Comcast apologizes after customer service call goes viral
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push