MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Two people were hurt in a two-vehicle wreck around 5:44 a.m. Monday in the 2200 block of South 10th Street, according to police records. One person was taken to Good Samaritan Regional Health Center and the other refused treatment at the scene.
- Anthony P. Childs Sr., 50, of the 1000 block of Forest Avenue, was arrested at 4:12 p.m. Monday on a charge of theft. Bond was set at $1,000 and he was released.
- Shandala J. Flagg, 26, of the 800 block of South 21st Street, was arrested at 3:20 a.m. Tuesday for resisting a police officer.
- Savario S. Muhammad, 25, of the 800 block of Conger Avenue, was arrested at 3:20 a.m. Tuesday on two charges of violation of bail and a charge of resisting a police officer.
- A woman told police at 5:44 p.m. Monday that someone took a window from a vacant house the woman owns in the 2900 block of Benton Road.
- A large water leak was reported near the playground at Buford School at 1:07 a.m. Tuesday. Police alerted the city’s water department.
- Someone attempted to pry open the emergency exit doors on the side of a building in the 200 block of Potomac Boulevard. The report of criminal damage to property was reported at 9:15 a.m. Monday.
- A fight between several juveniles was reported at 3:31 p.m. Monday at 20th Street and College Street. The juveniles dispersed when police arrived.
- A bicycle was reported stolen at 7:52 a.m. Monday in the 700 block of North Eighth Street.
- A garage in the first block of Rushton Drive was reported broken into and a bicycle reported stolen at 8:08 a.m. Monday.
- A residence in the 200 block of North Seventh Street was reported broken into at 9:27 a.m. Monday.
- A woman told police that someone took an envelope of money from her purse as she did laundry at Soapy Joe’s, 2711 Veterans Memorial Drive. The report was filed at 11:15 a.m. Monday.
- A wallet was reported taken Friday night from a business, Hucks, at 201 Main St. The report was filed 1:37 p.m. Monday.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Levi Houston Sprehe, 24, of the 5100 block of East Burbank Road, Woodlawn, was arrested at 10:37 a.m. Monday on a warrant for failure to appear. Bond was set at $5,000 and he was released.
- Jack Robert Heinrich, 33, of the 17800 block of East Tea Rose Lane, Texico, was arrested at 3:07 a.m. Tuesday on a charge of domestic battery.