MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Jeffrey S. Ledbetter, 41, of Mt. Vernon, was arrested at 6:03 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of methamphetamine precursor of less than 10 grams and possession of syringes or needles.
- Donald J. Thompson, 59, of the 700 block of South 23rd Street, was arrested at 2:55 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of theft. Bond was set at $1,000.
- Anthony W. Graham, 43, of the 500 block of South 22nd Street, was arrested at 2:25 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of driving on a revoked license. Bond was set at $1,500.
- A vehicle was damaged in the 300 block of South Seventh Street and was reported at 3:56 p.m. Tuesday.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Trazell L. Sanders, 20, of the 400 block of South 17th Street, was arrested at 3:08 p.m. Tuesday on a failure to appear warrant. Bond was set at $5,000
- Deaaron B. Rudd, 21, of the 700 block of Lamar Street, was arrested at 5:33 p.m. Tuesday on a failure to appear warrant. Bond was set at $5,000.
- A woman told police that she was trapped inside her home by a large dog on her porch in the 9900 block of East Bonnie Road around 7:31 a.m. Wednesday. Police notified the animal warden.
- A woman told police at 4:06 p.m. Wednesday that a man called asking her about a fraud protection plan and requested her bank information to renew her account. The woman, according to police records, told the man she did not have a bank account though the caller insisted she did based on his records. The woman also had given the man a false name when he asked for it, and he continued to use the name throughout their conversation. The woman also told police that the man refused to answer questions about himself or the business he was representing.
- A woman told police that she woke up in her home in the 400 block of North Third Street, Nason, around 8:38 a.m. Wednesday to find the front door open and items taken.
- A theft was reported in the 12500 block of Woodlawn Lane at 2:31 a.m. Wednesday.
- A man reported that money and jewelry was taken from his home in the 7800 block of North Illinois Hwy. 37 at 5:33 p.m. Tuesday.
- A chainsaw was reported stolen from a garage in the 400 block of Iceplant Road, Bluford, around 5:53 p.m. Wednesday.