---- — Mt. Vernon Police Department
Justin M. Brown, 29, of the 1100 block of South 17th Street, was arrested at 8:59 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of aggravated battery of a child under 13.
• Nathaniel D. Thrailkill, 30, of the 500 block of South 17th Street, was arrested at 11:56 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of violation of a bail bond.
• Jordan L. Rivera, 23, of the 1900 block of South 15th Street, was arrested at 1:16 a.m. Thursday on a charge of unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
• Marty D. Ilbery, 42, of the 7000 block of North Matisse Lane, was arrested at 2:13 a.m. Thursday on charges of aggravated battery in a public place and disorderly conduct.
• Brandi N. Witzel, 36, of the 7900 block of North Spring Garden Lane, was arrested at 2:21 a.m. Thursday on charges of domestic battery/physical contact, possession of drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct, and possession of cannabis/less than 2.5 grams.
• Michael E. Ongalo, 44, of the 600 block of South 15th Street, was arrested at 4:52 a.m. Thursday on a charge of theft.
A male caller reported to police at 11:06 a.m. Wednesday there were two women known to him trying to break into his residence in the 100 block of North Seventh Street. The female suspects had reportedly made recent threats to enter the house and “tear the place apart,” the police log states.
• A male subject told police at 8:52 p.m. Wednesday he had been dragged out of his house and beat up by his neighbors. The incident occurred in the 2200 block of College Street. The victim is reportedly not pressing charges.
• A female caller reported to police at 9:33 p.m. Wednesday she witnessed a woman physically and verbally abusing two young children in the vicinity of 14th Street and Broadway. Police met with the suspect and the children and did not observe any signs of abuse. The suspect, who is the mother of the two boys, told police she spanked one of her sons for stepping out onto Broadway in front of a car.
A manager requested officers at 2:17 p.m. Wednesday regarding a theft at his store in the 3900 block of Broadway. One male juvenile reportedly ran from the store after stealing some items.
• A male caller told police at 9:16 p.m. Wednesday his bike was stolen from behind a store in the 700 block of South 10th Street.
• A man reported to police at 10:16 p.m. Wednesday a woman known to him took the title to his truck without his permission. The incident occurred in the 500 block of South 18th Street.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
Jared D. Green, 22, of Waltonville, was arrested at 11:13 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of probation violation.
• Kevin D. Sweeney, 68, of the 2400 block of Cherry Street, was arrested at 2:17 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of violation of bail bond.
A male subject reported to police at 10:24 a.m. Thursday his 18-year-old son had assaulted him. The incident occurred in the 14800 block of East Clear View outside Mt. Vernon. The victim was not injured.
A go-kart was reported stolen at 4:34 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of West Third Street in Bonnie.
Illinois State Police
Billy J. Patterson, 35, of the 7800 block of North Mattise Lane, was arrested at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and driving on a suspended license.
A tow truck accident occurred at 9:06 a.m. Thursday on I57, near Mile Post 91, in Jefferson County. The driver, Richard Roach, 56, of Mt. Vernon, had a medical emergency while driving. The truck then hit a concrete median barrier and continued until it came to rest in a road cavity. Life-saving measures were administered before Roach was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital.
Illinois Department of Natural Resources
Larry D. Wade, 66, of Safford, Ariz., was arrested at 3:14 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of violation of bail bond.