MT. VERNON — —
- A female caller told police at 6:38 p.m. Friday that a family member took the keys and drove her vehicle without permission.
- A resident in the 4300 block of Lilac Lane told police at 1:38 p.m. Saturday that items had been stolen from her residence the previous evening.
- A male subject requested an officer at 9:36 p.m. Saturday in the 1900 block of College Avenue due to another subject taking his cell phone.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Mark Cain, 58, Belle Rive, was arrested at 1:36 a.m. Saturday on a charge of driving under the influence. He posted bond and was released.
- William Weccele, 52, Carmi, was arrested at 12:10 a.m. Sunday on a charge of driving while license suspended/revoked. He posted bond and was released.
- A caller from Dix told police that someone took a ring valued at $1,000 sometime before 4:45 p.m. Friday.
- A storage locker in the 10700 block of North Wells Bypass Lane was broken into sometime before 11 a.m. on Monday. According to police logs, 15 more lockers may have been broken into.
- Double wide mobile home in the 23000 block of North Post Oak Lane in Walnut Hill was destroyed by fire shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday. The mobile home was believed to be vacant. Centralia Fire Department was called to extinguish the fire.
Illinois State Police
- Shirley Akin, 46, Belle Rive, was arrested at 4:57 a.m. Sunday on a charge of driving under the influence. She posted bond and was released.