MT. VERNON —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Gerald Jason Schliinz, 37, of the 4400 block of Hickory Lane, Joplin, Mo., was arrested at 3:07 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of violating bail conditions.
- Sean Q. Williams, 45, of the 500 block of South 20th Street., was arrested at 7:07 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of domestic battery.
- Gurley Stevenson, 43, of the 1000 block of Bell Street, was arrested at 10:11 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of criminal trespass to state land. Bond was set at $1,000.
- Mark Fitzpatrick, 26, of the 1500 block of Paula Drive, was arrested at 12:29 a.m. Thursday on a charge of criminal trespass to land. Bond was set at$1,000.
- Ricky G. Odom, 53, of the 500 block of South 22nd Street was arrested at 12:29 a.m. Thursday on a charge of violating an order after served notice.
- Three people attempted to burglarize a vehicle in the 500 block of South 20th Street, the owner of the vehicle told police at 2:56 a.m. Thursday. The man said the men fled when he confronted them.
- A woman complained of drug use in the 1200 block of South 13th Street. The complaint was filed at 5:55 p.m. Wednesday.
- Police stopped a group of 18-year-old men from shooting an air gun in the 1100 block of Airport Road. Police were responding to a call at 5:08 p.m. Wednesday that shots could be heard hitting metal.
- A woman whose daughter had been “nipped” by what was described as a red pitbull on the loose in the first block of Rushton Drive asked police to investigate. The woman told police the dog is frequently on the loose. Police spoke with the owner and turned the matter over to the animal warden who according to police will attempt to locate the animal.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Police received a call that medication had been taken from a unit at Rome Meadows Apartments in Dix. The call came in at 10:01 a.m. Thursday.
- A theft in the 21000 block of North Miller Lake Lane in Texico was reported at 10:36 a.m. Thursday.
- A theft in the 12400 block of East Heritage Drive was reported at 7:53 p.m. Wednesday.