Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Edward D. Duncan, 36, DeSoto, was arrested at 1:40 p.m. Monday on a charge of driving while license suspended.
- Earl Liddell, 56, of the 500 block of South 18th Street, was arrested at 4:19 p.m. Monday on a charge of retail theft over $300.
- Matthew E. Elkins, 29, of the 1300 block of South 26th Street, was arrested at 7:30 p.m. Monday on two counts of violation of bail bond.
- Sherry L. Conaway, 44, of the 300 block of Harrison Street, was arrested at 10:37 p.m. Monday on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Dusty D. Daniels, 22, of the 900 block of South 10th Street, was arrested at 1:17 a.m. Tuesday on a failure to appear warrant.
- A man reported at 11:50 a.m. Monday he arrived home tin the 900 block of Welkins to find a door open and a TV moved.
- A woman told police at 2:12 p.m. Monday that two bras and three pink shells were taken from her residence in the 1900 block of Lake Street.
- An employee of a grocery store in the 3400 block of Broadway told police at 2:30 p.m. Monday that a male subject was seen stuffing food items down a jacket. The man was taken into custody a short time later in the 2500 block of Cherry Street.
- Firefighters responded to a residential fire in the 700 block of Salem Road at 12:29 p.m. Monday. Smoke was coming from vents, but no fire was showing. A bad belt on the furnace unit was blamed. The homeowner was advised to call a repairman.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Tyrell K. Williams, 27, of the 400 block of South 17th Street, was arrested at 10:36 a.m. Monday on a warrant for unlawful delivery of cannabis.
- Blake A. Poole, 21, Opdyke, was arrested at 5:19 a.m. Tuesday on a charge of violation of bail bond.
- Jefferson Fire Protection District responded to a kitchen fire in an apartment at Rome Meadows at 5:45 p.m. Monday. Jail logs state the fire was out at 6:02 p.m. No damage was reported.