MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Tridell Brunson, 36, of the 1000 block of South 13th Street, was arrested at 3 a.m. Tuesday on a charge of resisting and obstructing a police officer. Bond was set at $1,000 and he was released.
- Betty A. Maxey, 23, of the 500 block of Short Street, was arrested around 9:45 a.m. Tuesday on a charge of retail theft less than $300.
- Shaniqua Desherami Billberry, 20, of the 300 block of Maple, Centralia, was arrested at 10:11 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of retail theft less than $300. Bond was set at $1,000.
- Edward J. Schimenti, 31, of the 3000 block of Gabriel Avenue, Zion, was arrested at 2:44 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of retail theft less than $300. Bond was set at $1,000 and he was released.
- An incident of disorderly conduct was reported at a doctor’s office in the 1700 block of Jefferson Avenue. The man was banned from the business.
- A woman told police at11:58 a.m. Tuesday that an unknown person was going through her mail in the 1100 block of Oakland Avenue.
- A woman told police that a dog described as a pitbull lunged at her around 8 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of South 20th Street. The woman was not harmed, according to police records, but the dog was later reported fighting with two other pitbulls in the woman’s backyard.
- Two incidents of shoplifting at Walmart were reported to police on Tuesday near 9 p.m.
- A truck was reported stolen from the 700 block of Kensington Avenue at 6:28 a.m. Tuesday. It was later found in a field off Matisse Lane.
- A woman told police at 12:07 p.m. Tuesday that someone took the registration sticker from her license plate in the 1100 block of Oakland Avenue.
- A bicycle was reported stolen at 7:12 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of Jones Street. The bicycle was described as a blue Mongoose with a chain wrapped around its handle bars.