MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Zohn McLaughlin, 40, of the 600 block of South 23rd Street, was arrested at 8:17 a.m. Tuesday on a charge of driving while license suspended. He posted bond and was released.
- Joevon Taylor, 28, of the 300 block of Castleton Avenue, was arrested at 3:03 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of violation of bail bond. Bail was set at $7,500.
- Alton Curtis Jr., 26, of the 300 block of North Fourth Street, was arrested at 4:10 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of retail theft over $300. Bail was set at $1,000.
- Andrew Woll, 20, of 68 Beach Drive, was arrested at 6:39 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of retail theft over $300. Bail was set at $1,000.
- Antonio Epps, 22, of the 1100 block of Wescott Street, was arrested at 8:11 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of violation of bail bond.
- Kyle Powars, 19, Ina, was arrested at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of retail theft over $300. Bail was set at $1,000.
- Andrew Higgins, 20, Ina, was arrested at 9:31 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of retail theft over $300. Bail was set at $1,000.
- Lenard Settipani, 56, Bluford, was arrested at 2 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of driving under the influence. He posted bond and was released.
- An employee of National Self Storage in the 1300 block of North Fourth Street told police at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday that three locks were broken off units at the business.
- A woman told police at 4 p.m. Tuesday that her juvenile son was allegedly battered after getting off a school bus in the 1200 block of South 23rd Street.
- A man told police at 12:08 a.m. Wednesday that he heard gunshots south of the 1000 block of South 24th Street.
- Police received several weather-related reports during Tuesday night’s storms. Tree limbs were reported down in the 2100 block of Cherry Street, the 2400 block of Casey Avenue, and at the intersection of North and 27th streets. A light pole sheared at the base in the 400 block of South 34th Street, and a transformer reportedly blew at the intersection of 10th and Jones streets.
- A man told police at 9:24 a.m. Tuesday that someone stole his trash can in the 300 block of North Sixth Street.
- Loss prevention personnel from Walmart had four incidents Tuesday in which shoplifters were taken into custody.
- A woman told police at 3:13 p.m. Tuesday that her laptop was taken from her vehicle about a week ago while it was parked in the 1700 block of Oakland Avenue.
- Police responded to a one-vehicle accident at 12:24 a.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Waltonville Road. A white pickup was reportedly in a ditch. The driver was taken into custody for driving under the influence, according to police logs.
- A route salesman requested a report from an accident in which a company vehicle had been rear-ended before 4 p.m. Tuesday in the 4500 block of Broadway.
- A man reported at 9:39 a.m. Tuesday that someone backed into his vehicle the previous evening in the 800 block of South 19th Street.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- The sheriff’s department is investigating an alleged robbery that was reported at 8:33 a.m. Wednesday in the 8000 block of Richview Road. The homeowner came home to find a door kicked in, according to police logs.