MT. VERNON — —
- A man told police at 9:24 a.m. Tuesday that someone stole his trash can in the 300 block of North Sixth Street.
- Loss prevention personnel from Walmart had four incidents Tuesday in which shoplifters were taken into custody.
- A woman told police at 3:13 p.m. Tuesday that her laptop was taken from her vehicle about a week ago while it was parked in the 1700 block of Oakland Avenue.
- Police responded to a one-vehicle accident at 12:24 a.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Waltonville Road. A white pickup was reportedly in a ditch. The driver was taken into custody for driving under the influence, according to police logs.
- A route salesman requested a report from an accident in which a company vehicle had been rear-ended before 4 p.m. Tuesday in the 4500 block of Broadway.
- A man reported at 9:39 a.m. Tuesday that someone backed into his vehicle the previous evening in the 800 block of South 19th Street.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- The sheriff’s department is investigating an alleged robbery that was reported at 8:33 a.m. Wednesday in the 8000 block of Richview Road. The homeowner came home to find a door kicked in, according to police logs.