Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Leon L. Kemmerling, 20, of the 800 block of South 21st Street, was arrested at 2:22 p.m. Tuesday on charges of theft under $500 and possession of cannabis less than 2.5 grams.
- Oresta L. Washington, 38, of the 1700 block of Main Street, was arrested at 1:02 a.m. Wednesday on charges of driving while license suspended/revoked and possession of cannabis less than 2.5 grams.
- A female reported at 3:28 p.m. Tuesday that her vehicle was struck in the 500 block of Jordan Avenue by another vehicle leaving the Mt. Vernon High School campus.
- A man reported his son was allegedly battered by five individuals while walking in the area of South 17th Street and College Avenue before 3:40 p.m. Tuesday.
- An 11-year-old boy was allegedly battered by another male at 5:44 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of South 27th Street, according to the boy's mother.
- A business owner in the 800 block of Casey Avenue reported at 1:50 p.m. Tuesday the theft of a three-wheel bicycle from in front of the store. A subject was located at the intersection of 11th Street and Vaught and was arrested for theft.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- James B. Robinson, 33, McLeansboro, was arrested at 5:09 p.m. Tuesday on two counts of burglary. Bail was set at $100,000.
Michael D. McDaniel, 38, Texico, was arrested at 9:34 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of driving under the influence.