MT. VERNON —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Jared A. Cato, 31, of Cottonwood Drive, Mt. Vernon, was arrested at 1:48 a.m. Friday on charges of aggravated driving under the influence and driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license. Bond was set at $75,000.
- Jesse Dylan Glover, 20, of the 400 block of South 19th Street, Mt. Vernon, was arrested Friday at 10:01 p.m. on a charge of violation of bail. Bond was set at $5,000.
- Nicholas P. Duncan, 19, of the 1000 block of Oakland Avenue, Mt. Vernon, was arrested Saturday at 11:59 a.m. on a charge of aggravated domestic battery.
- Christopher Cobb, 20, of the 400 block of Perkins Avenue, Mt. Vernon, was arrested at 9 p.m. Saturday on a charge of violation of bail. Bond was set at $3,000.
- A vehicle was apparently stolen from the 1000 block of South 19th Street. At 6:21 a.m. Monday, a man told police he discovered the vehicle missing upon waking up.
- A woman told police at 6:30 a.m. Monday that someone had stolen several undisclosed items from her residence in the 2700 block of Cherry Street.
- An employee at Kroger reported a shoplifting to police at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
- Police responded to a report at 6:31 p.m. Sunday of four juveniles walking into a condemned house on the corner of 20th and Cherry streets but found no one there upon arrival.
- A fence located in the back of a house in the 1000 block of South 26th Street was damaged sometime while the occupant was out of town, she told police at 7:51 p.m. Sunday.
- A man told police at 8:37 p.m. Sunday that the windshield of his car was cracked when “kids” threw a rock at it while he was driving near the intersection of 22nd and Logan streets.
- Police took a complaint at 10:10 p.m. Sunday from a woman claiming a man with a walking stick in the 200 block of South 15th Street “keeps hitting” her with it and refuses to stop.
- At 12:20 a.m. Monday, a man reported that a person slashed a tire on his vehicle located in the 700 block of South 25th Street. The same man called three hours later to say that two more tires had been slashed.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Robert W. VanWinkle, 51, of the 1700 block of East Ina Road, Ina, was arrested at 10:21 p.m. Saturday on charges of driving on a suspended and revoked license, driving an uninsured vehicle, and for leaving the scene.
- Linda G. Martin, 37, of the 100 block of South 26th Street, Mt. Vernon, was arrested at 4:01 p.m. Sunday on a charge of violating bail. Bond was set at $10,000.
- Prescription medicine was taken from a residence in the 1200 block of West Fifth Street in Bluford sometime Friday, a caller told police at 1:05 p.m. Friday.
- A man told police at 10:10 a.m. Monday that someone had taken a trash can near the 300 block of Burk Street in Bluford and placed it on railroad tracks, and that a train had struck the can.
- A 10-year-old girl was threatened in the 5300 block of East Parade Road in Woodlawn, the parent of the girl told police Sunday night at 6 p.m.
- A report of harassment in the 22000 block of Poppy Lane in Dix was filed with police at 6:06 p.m. Sunday. No further information was availabe.
- A report of harassment in the 5300 block of East Parade Road in Woodland was filed with police at 6:09 p.m. Sunday. No further information was available.