MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Daniel W. Montgomery, 22, of the 4400 block of North Cranberry Lane, Bonnie, was arrested Sunday on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol. Bond was set at $3,000 and Montgomery was released.
- Eric S. Pierce, 22, of the 2000 block of Brownsville Road, was arrested Monday on charges of aggravated domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence.
- A house fire in the 300 block of Casey Avenue was contained to the kitchen Sunday, according to police reports. Police indicated all occupants escaped the house, though one person was taken to Crossroads Community Hospital.
- A man was battered and stabbed by another man, according to a call from the victim’s father from a residence in the 700 block of Main Street at 9:33 a.m. Sunday.
- A 22-year-old man was battered at a city park, according to a report to police at 8:40 p.m. Sunday.
- A caller to police said someone was trying to open the front door of her residence in the first block of Linnview Drive around 1:24 a.m. Sunday.
- A house in the 1100 block of South 15th Street was reported broken into and three gaming systems taken. The break-in was reported at 8:48 a.m. Sunday. A break-in to the same residence was reported hours earlier at 10:22 p.m. Saturday and that three televisions were missing.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Teresa L. Avants, 41, of the 9700 block of East Illinois Highway 15, was arrested Sunday on a charge of disorderly conduct. Bond was set at $1,000.
- Javier A. Roman, 32, of the 800 block of Sount 19th Street, was arrested Monday on charges of battery, manufacturing or delivering cannabis between 10 and 30 grams and violation of bail. Bond was set at $24,000.
- A brush fire was reported at 1:25 p.m. Sunday on East Ina Road, a little less than a mile east of Ina.
- A tree was reported on fire in the 10800 block of Lehman Lane at 6:58 p.m. Saturday.
- A house in the 18900 block of East Liberty Road in Opdyke was broken into and was destroyed according to a call to police at 7:10 a.m. Sunday.
- A burglary was reported in the 19800 block of East Saddleclub Road in Belle Rive at 10:28 a.m. Sunday.