MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Paige Nicole Hopkins, 18, of the 5000 block of Apple Ridge Road, Salem, was arrested at 4:51 p.m. Tuesday on a charge of retail theft. Bond was set at $1,000.
- Gary Leroy Ferguson, 46, of the 1500 block of Dodds Street, was arrested at 2:10 a.m. Wednesday on charges of aggravated battery of a police officer, resisting or obstructing a police officer and disorderly conduct.
- Owen L. Buchanan Jr., 37, of the 800 block of South 21st Street, was arrested at 2:10 a.m. Wednesday on a charge of domestic battery.
- A fence was reported damaged in the 1000 block of South 20th Street at 3:49 p.m. Tuesday.
- A mobile home at 1917 South Eighth Street was destroyed by fire Tuesday night, Mt. Vernon Fire Chief Jim Brown said. Though the cause of the 9:48 p.m. fire is undetermined, a live power line to the structure was down and near it when emergency crews arrived, he said. No one was hurt in the fire, Brown said. Fire reports did not indicate whether the home was occupied at the time.
- A residence in the 800 block of South 21st Street was reported broken into at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
- A DVD was reported stolen from a residence in the 200 block of South 15th Street at 2:32 p.m. Tuesday.
- Employees at Wal-Mart reported a shoplifting at 2:42 p.m. Tuesday.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Thomas D. Cox, 56, of the 300 block of Benton Street, McLeansboro, was arrested at 8:25 p.m. Tuesday on a warrant for failure to appear. Bond was set at $3,000 and Cox was released.
- A street light was reported down near the Rome Grade School in Dix Wednesday morning.
- A large tree was reported down at Carpenter Road and Chana at 5:04 a.m. Wednesday.