MT. VERNON —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Steven Austin Jr. 28, of the 3400 block of Westmont, was arrested at 2:44 a.m. Friday on a charge of battery. He posted bond and was released.
- A woman who lives in the 1100 block of South 25th Street reported at 10 a.m. Thursday that someone has been throwing eggs at her residence.
- A man told police at 9:40 p.m. Thursday that he was battered in the 2000 block of Broadway, and the victim had money stolen. He was taken to Crossroads Community Hospital for treatment of injuries.
- A female caller told police at 12:01 a.m. Friday that she heard a single gunshot in the 1100 block of Oakland Avenue. a second caller also reported hearing a single gunshot west and north of the 1000 block of Pace Avenue.
- A woman reported at 1:40 a.m. Friday that she was the victim of alleged battery in the 1700 block of South 17th Street. The woman was taken to Good Samaritan Regional Health Center for treatment of injuries.
- Security personnel at Times Square Mall told police at 9:35 a.m. Thursday that the hurricane machine had been broken into.
- A man living in the 200 block of Castleton Avenue reported at 10:47 a.m. Thursday that his residence was burglarized overnight and a computer was stolen.
- Loss prevention officials at Walmart told police at 1:56 p.m. Thursday that a woman had her purse stolen while inside the store.
- A man reported at 9:25 p.m. Thursday that his residence in the 1000 block of South 25th Street had been burglarized.
- A man reported at 7:02 a.m. Thursday that his vehicle was struck by a trailer while parked in the 400 block of South 44th Street.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Schuy Okraj, 23, Texico, was arrested at 5:53 p.m. Thursday on a Champaign County warrant for failure to appear. The defendant posted bond and was released.
- A real estate agent showing property in the 18000 block of East Illinois 15 discovered at 3:38 p.m. Thursday that the residence had been broken into. An air conditioning unit and a heater coil were taken, according to jail logs.