MT. VERNON —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Tommie L. Holt, 44, of the 1100 block of South 15th Street, was arrested at 9:20 a.m. Thursday on a charge of driving while license suspended/revoked.
- Vencint P. Rush, 27, of the 500 block of South 17th Street, was arrested at 5:40 p.m. Thursday on a charge of driving while license suspended/revoked and leaving the scene of an accident.
- A male caller told police at 11:50 a.m. Thursday that someone attempted to burglarize a family member's residence in the 600 block of Fairfield Road.
- A homeowner in the 600 block of Meadowbrook told police at 8:25 a.m. Thursday that his residence had been burglarized overnight and an envelope with money had been taken.
- A tow truck driver told police at 6:10 p.m. Thursday that an Ameren utility pole was on fire in the 500 block of Meadowbrook.
- Police responded to several accidents during the height of Thursday afternoon's winter storm. There were no injuries reported in any of the fender benders.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Robert G. Lulich Jr., 51, Dix, was arrested at 5:05 p.m. Thursday on a charge of domestic battery.
- Employees of a convenience store in Dix reported a drive off of $69.36 at 3:45 p.m. Thursday.
- Illinois State Police
- Sean D. Greenwalt, 49, Bluford, was arrested at 11:27 a.m. Thursday on an unspecified warrant.