Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Chelsea L. Joyce, 24, of the 500 block of South 19th Street, was arrested at 8:58 a.m. Wednesday on a warrant charging failure to appear.
- Brock D. Zeigler, 25, Opdyke, was arrested at 10:47 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of retail theft.
- Jennifer Hernandez, 29, address unknown, was arrested at 12:49 p.m. Thursday on a Jefferson County warrant charging obstruction of identification.
- Loss prevention personnel at Walmart reported shoplifting incidents at 6:15 p.m. and 10 p.m. Wednesday. A male juvenile was taken into custody in the first incident and an adult male in the second incident.
- Fire department personnel responded to a fire at a motel in the 700 block of South 10th Street at 4:23 a.m. Wednesday. Smoke was reported in a hallway and a fire in one of the rooms. The fire was extinguished by 4:34 a.m., according to police logs.
- A resident reported a utility pole sparking at 9:48 p.m. in the 2700 block of Jones Street. Fire department officials remained on the scene until Ameren officials arrived at 10:10 p.m., police logs state.
- One person was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital following an accident at 12:12 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of Potomac Boulevard. No other information was available.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- The sheriff's office was alerted at 6:36 p.m. Wednesday that power was shut down to the Rend Lake College Apartments following the report of a fire in an apartment. Smoke and water damage was reported, although police logs do not indicate that any Jefferson County fire agency responded to the fire.