MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Deanne L. Clark, 39, of the 300 block of North Fifth Street, was arrested at 3:30 p.m. Friday on a failure to appear warrant.
- Ernie Whipple, 60, of the 2500 block of Herbert Street, was arrested at 4:43 p.m. Friday on a charge of resisting/obstructing an officer.
- Jacob D. West, 21, Nason, was arrested at 6:27 p.m. Friday on charges of possession of cannabis more than 2.5 grams, and possession of a controlled substance.
- Charles K.Jones, 28, of the 600 block of South 23rd Street, was arrested at 4:02 a.m. Saturday on a charge of domestic battery.
- Jeremy D. Severs, 28, Wamac, was arrested at 4:46 p.m. Saturday on a charge of retail theft.
- William R. Haynes, 41, of the 400 block of Casey Avenue, was arrested at 7:33 p.m. Saturday on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- Rodney G. Stewart, 54, Odin, was arrested at 3:15 a.m. Sunday on a charge of driving under the influence.
- Walter R. Golliday, 46, of the 600 block of South 18th Street, was arrested at 8:50 a.m. Sunday on four counts of violation of bail bond.
- Alan A. Anderson, 34, of the 1000 block of South 22nd Street, was arrested at 8:06 p.m. Sunday on a charge of possession of meth more than 5 grams.
- Donald J. Thompson, 59, of the 700 block of South 23rd Street, was arrested at 10:46 p.m. Sunday on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- A woman told police at 7:48 p.m. Friday that a roommate damaged a wall at a residence in the 400 block of Casey Avenue.
- Police issued citations for curfew violations and possession of drug equipment at 12:56 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of South 24th Street.
- A man told police at 3:44 a.m. Sunday that an attempted burglary took place at his residence in the 1100 block of Oakland Avenue.
- Gunshots were reportedly heard at 5:07 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Cleveland, near the old Housing Authority.
- Locks and exterior doors were damaged at a residence in the 1100 block of Oakland, according to a report received at 10:15 a.m. Sunday.
- A female subject told police at 2:32 p.m. Sunday that a wooden fence in her backyard in the 500 block of South 20th Street had been damaged, along with five posts.
- A male subject reported at 5:07 p.m. Sunday a back window had been busted out on property in the 300 block of Marteeny Avenue.
- A woman told police at 6:56 a.m. Saturday that her purse was taken the previous evening from a home in the 4200 block of Sassafras Avenue.
- A woman told police at 7 p.m. Saturday that she left a purse at a residence in the 300 block of Jordan Avenue the previous evening and when she returned Saturday to retrieve it, the purse was gone.
- Loss prevention personnel at Kmart told police at 3:57 p.m. Saturday that a male subject was in custody for shoplifting.
- A female subject told police at 7:28 p.m. Saturday that she came home to find her house in the 700 block of South 22nd Street had been burglarized.
- A man told police at 10:04 a.m. Sunday that he believes someone broke into a shed on property in the 1100 block of Oakland Avenue sometime overnight.
- A woman told police at 10:32 p.m. Sunday that items were taken from her residence in the 4200 block of Valley Forge Road.
- A man told police at 2:24 p.m. Saturday that his vehicle was damaged while parked at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Lucas K. Lehmann, 19, of the 1000 block of Wilshire Drive, was arrested at 2:06 a.m. Sunday on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
- Demarcus D. Brooks, 23, Springfield, was arrested at 2:24 a.m. Saturday on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Caleb Z. Gebke, 17, Richview, was arrested at 4:02 a.m. Sunday on a charge of driving under the influence.
- Officials of New Hope Baptist Church, North Tonga Lane, reported at 2 p.m. Sunday that someone had stolen copper wiring from the church's air conditioning units.