MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Ricky G. Odom, 53, of the 500 block of South 22nd Street, was arrested at 10:21 a.m. Thursday on a charge of violating an order of protection. Bond was set at $1,500 and he was released.
- Jarvis J. Watkins, 24, of the 700 block of Perkins Avenue, was arrested at 3:18 p.m. Thursday on a charge of failure to appear. Bond was set at $100 and he was released.
- Eric M. Summers, 21, of the 1200 block of North Ninth Street, was arrested at 12:56 a.m. Friday on a charge of driving with a suspended driver’s license. Bond was set at $1,500.
- A ring was reported stolen from an apartment at GreenTree Assisted Living at 8:18 p.m. Thursday.
- At 6:42 p.m. Thursday, a woman told police that she believes someone placed medication into her son’s unlocked car when it was parked at Mt. Vernon Township High School.
- An employee at Arby’s told police Thursday at 10:12 p.m. that he saw a man at the drive-thru move a handgun from his lap to conceal it. The man was driving a white Tahoe with Illinois veteran license plates.
- A woman said she saw a person “possibly” attempting to open a window to a house in the 300 block of South Second Street when she called police at 10:25 p.m. Thursday.
- A prowler was reported in the 4000 block of Willow Springs at 1:19 a.m. Friday. A woman told police someone was looking through her windows and the windows of another unit and tapping on them. She said that when her neighbor came out of her apartment, the man fled.
- At 7:42 a.m. Thursday, a woman told police that her son was attacked by a group of juveniles at the 19th Street and College Street bus stop. The woman called police again that day at 3:31 p.m. and said that a juvenile came to her home in the 400 block of South 20th Street and threatened her son.
- A woman told police Thursday at 7:44 a.m. that her daughter was approached by a man near 24th Street and Cherry Street and attempted to persuade the girl to get into his vehicle.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- A report of a mail box being damaged in the 14700 block of East Davis Road was called into police at 7:30 a.m. Friday.
- A gunshot was reported heard in the 11800 block of East Stone Road at 11:38 p.m. Thursday.
- Police discovered a suspicious tank and referred the matter to the narcotics division of the sheriff’s office. The tank was found off the roadway of East Marlow Road in Bluford at 1:09 a.m. Friday.
- A grass fire was reported along Birch Street near Belle Rive at 7:59 a.m. Friday. The Belle Rive Fire Department responded and the fire was contained at 8:15 a.m.
- A controlled burn was reported at 4:43 p.m. Thursday on the east side of Illinois Highway 37 south of Bakerville.
- A small grass fire in the median of Interstate 57, mile marker 96, started because of a blown tire. A truck driver told police at 5:48 p.m. Thursday that his tire entered the median and started the fire. The Jefferson Fire Protection District responded and contained the fire at 6:04 p.m.
Ina Police Department
- Tyrone G. Etheridge, 30 , of the 900 block of Cormick Street, Centralia, was arrested at 4:41 a.m. Friday on a charge of driving with a suspended driver’s license. Bond was set at $1,500 and he was released.
Bryan K. Edwards, 31, of the 5100 block of Gannett Road, Mulkeytown, was arrested at 4:41 a.m. Friday on a charge of public indecency. Bond was set at $1,000 and he was released.