---- — Mt. Vernon
Shaun M. Thompson, 43, Opdyke, was arrested at 8:34 p.m. Monday on charges of theft of labor/services and possession of a controlled substance.
• Lorie L. Hudson, 35, of the 1600 block of South 13th Street, was arrested at 9:35 p.m. Monday on a warrant charging failure to appear.
A real estate agent reported at 9:42 a.m. Monday someone attempted to steal an air conditioning unit from property in the 300 block of South 27th Street.
• A man told police at 12:54 p.m. Monday someone damaged an air conditioner in the 300 block of South 27th Street.
• A woman called police at 1 p.m. Monday to report an attempted burglary at a residence in the 500 block of North 11th Street.
• A man told police at 2:19 p.m. Monday someone broke into an unoccupied residence in the 1700 block of Main Street.
• An employee of King City Chrysler told police at 3 p.m. Monday someone threw a brick through a parked vehicle on the lot.
An employee of a health care facility in the 1700 block of White Avenue reported at 10:02 a.m. Monday one of their residents had money stolen.
n A female caller told police at 2:39 p.m. Monday she believes her wallet was either lost or stolen from the 800 block of South 23rd Street.
n Loss prevention personnel at Kroger reported at 8 p.m. Monday an alleged male shoplifter fled the store in a vehicle, which was last seen westbound on Broadway.
An employee of Erb Equipment on Illinois 37 North reported at 11:05 a.m. Monday the theft of a skidstear loader.