MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Curtis Deaton, 47, of the 1500 block of Shawnee Avenue, was arrested at 11:11 a.m. Monday on a charge of domestic battery.
- Margaret Farley, 29, of the 10000 block of East Richview Road, was arrested at 6:42 p.m. Monday on a charge of huffing. Bail was set at $1,000.
- Jermon Boyd Sr., 31, of the 2800 block of Mannen Street, was arrested at 8:30 p.m. Monday on charges of domestic battery, aggravated battery of an officer and resisting/obstructing an officer.
- A woman told police at 10:30 a.m. Monday that she had been battered by a man known to her. She was taken to a local hospital by emergency personnel after allegedly being choked.
- Two people who live in the 700 block of Conger Avenue told police at 3:23 p.m. Monday that their social security cards had been stolen out of a parked vehicle.
- A homeowner in the 1500 block of North Avenue reported at 8:22 p.m. Monday his house had been burglarized.
- A male caller told police at 9:08 p.m. Monday that a woman he knows stole money out of his pocket.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- A resident in the 1000 block of Park Avenue told authorities at 12:30 p.m. Monday that sometime overnight someone shot out windows to the residence and caused other unspecified damage.
- Jefferson Fire Protection District was called to Love’s Truck Stop in Ina at 2:10 a.m. Tuesday. One of the grease outlets on a fryer caused the building to fill with smoke. There was no fire, and firefighters cleared the scene at 2:30 a.m.