MT. VERNON — Eleven students from the Summersville Grade School seventh and eighth grade math RtI class went Christmas shopping Friday for two children from the Christian Social Services Angel Tree. The students raised funds by holding a bake sale during the school parent/teacher weekend, and raised about $160 to spend on gifts. Tyler Lane, Zachery Stephens and Cody Young were among the students shopping for the boy gifts, while Hannah Myers, Kylie Wilcox, Chanel Hall and Kayce Johnson look for clothes and toys for the girl. As a gift to the students, Litton Ambulance treated the students to lunch at Bandana’s on Friday as part of the shopping trip.
All Jefferson County schools are closedContinued ...
CASA advocate for abused kids
By RICK HAYES email@example.com CASA advocate for abused kidsContinued ...
Unemployment at 8.5 percent
MT. VERNON -- Unemployment in Jefferson County rose slightly in October coming in at 8.5 percent. The rate in September was at 8.2 percent, showing a .3 percent increase. In October 2012, the unemployment rate was at 8 percent. The county unemploymenContinued ...
Police stop scam
By RICK HAYES firstname.lastname@example.org Police stop scamContinued ...
City building tops $5 million
by TESA GLASS email@example.com City building tops $5 millionContinued ...
- Grant applications available
- Winter storm watch issued
- MVTHS report data won't change
- Santa to appear at Cedarhurst
- Car hits motorcycle on Broadway
- MVTHS School Report Card data won't change
- Aggregate plan helping residents save
- Christmas Parade to light up town
- Grinch to visit the Granada
- Weather-related cancellations