MT. VERNON — — United Methodist Childrens Home staff and residents donned Biblical attire Friday to put on the annual live nativity at the UMCH campus. Visitors could walk or drive through, and volunteers offered hot cocoa. The UMCH Festival of Trees also took place Friday.
Kyle Price Ride set for April 26
The Ninth Annual Kyle Price Memorial Ride will take place Saturday, April 26, beginning with registration at 10 a.m. at the Chapman Sports Complex in Woodlawn.Continued ...
Water safety program held for Bethel students
A water safety presentation was held for Bethel Grade School students Wednesday, sponsored by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.Continued ...
Cedarhurst set to host Family Day
MT. VERNON -- Family Day at Cedarhurst will be a curious event. Curiosity Day at Cedarhurst will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. on April 26, with Curious George and The Man With the Yellow Hat. "This will be the fourth year we've done the Family Day partneContinued ...
Water rate hike revisited
MT. VERNON -- The city council revisited a proposed water rate hike, now including information on a 3.3 percent increase. "It's clear a 3 percent increase technically isn't adequate to meet the financial policy," Councilman David Wood said. "A 1.8 peContinued ...
Local woman convicted
BENTON -- A Mt. Vernon woman has been convicted by a jury on federal drug charges. Following a two-day trial in Benton, Julia Ann Snow, 52, was convicted on all five counts in a federal indictment, according to Stephen R. Wigginton, U.S. Attorney forContinued ...
- Central Christian Church helps serve community
- Good Friday service planned
- Chaplain given special assignment
- City part of state bike plan
- Ride for Rylan slated
- Central Christian Church volunteers serve the community
- Community Good Friday Service to be held at Good Samaritan
- Officials confirm 1 case of norovirus
- Council considers rate hike
- Local school raises money for heart health
- Kyle Price Ride set for April 26