MT. VERNON — — A winter storm late Friday evening caused at least eight calls to police reporting motor vehicle accidents, with no major injuries, on Friday and Saturday.
- Friday at 12:01 p.m., a driver reported her vehicle slid on ice and was in the ditch. No injuries were reported;
- Friday at 4:46 p.m., city police responded to a report of a two-vehicle accident with no injuries at the intersection of 42nd Street and South Water Tower Road;
- Friday at 8:47 p.m., first responder personnel reported to the scene of a rollover accident on North Tolle Lane, south of Green Road. The driver of a white Ford pickup was out of the vehicle when EMS personnel arrived, walking around. No injuries were reported;
- Police responded to a report of a one vehicle accident at 8:53 p.m. Friday on County Farm Lane, 1.5 miles north of East Fairfield Road. The caller reported his truck was stuck in the ditch, but he was not injured;
- At 9:41 p.m. Friday, city police responded to a report of a disabled vehicle stopped on the railroad tracks at Fifth and Harrison Streets. The Norfolk Southern Railroad was notified and the car was successfully towed off the tracks;
- Police responded to a report of a vehicle in the ditch at the intersection of Shawnee and Newby Streets at 11:18 p.m. Friday;
- A county sheriff’s deputy reported a vehicle was off the roadway on Dix-Irvington Road west of Boyd Lane at 12:33 a.m. Saturday and stopped to help. A family member was there already, using a truck to help pull the car out of the ditch, and the stranded vehicle was safely returned to the roadway, and;
- Police responded to a report of a car stuck in a yard in the 100 block of Warren Way in Dix at 5:04 a.m. Saturday.
Local police also received multiple calls about downed power and cable lines in city and county roadways.
- Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of an Ameren power line down on Baseline Road between Lopez Lane and the railroad tracks at 2:44 a.m. Saturday, and;
- Friday at 10:28 p.m., city police responded to a report of a low-hanging line near the intersection of Meadowbrook and Liebengood Lanes. The wire, a Charter cable line, fell and was no longer hanging in the roadway, reports state.