MT. VERNON — Sami Kern, Robin Wilkey and Gayann Griggs were a few of the local entrepreneurs who took part in the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce Progressive Dinner on Thursday. The evening began with appetizers at Buffalo Wild Wings.
MVTHS may intervene on a tax appeal
Mt. Vernon Township High School may soon file an objection to an appeal by Truck Centers, Inc., to reduce the truck dealer's market value.Continued ...
Daniels files for regional superintendent
Ron Daniels has filed his nominating petitions to run for regional superintendent of the newly formed Regional Office of Education 13.Continued ...
MVTHS not ready to award bids
MT. VERNON -- Mt. Vernon Township High School officials say more planning is needed before bids can start being awarded for the new school project. The bidding issue was discussed at length at Thursday night's special meeting of the MVTHS Board of EdContinued ...
Committee suggests M360 bid
MT. VERNON -- Two motions made by members of the Courthouse Renovations Committee will be recommended to the full Jefferson County Board on Monday. Committee member Tommy Hayes made the motion to accept the original bid of $7.62 million from M360 toContinued ...
Funds to be raised for greenhouse
MT. VERNON --The FFA Alumnus of Jefferson County will start a collection drive to fund building a greenhouse at the new Mt. Vernon Township High School location. The goal of the drive is to raise between $50,000 and $75,000. Three companies have alreContinued ...
- Putting a cowboy spin on the Christmas story
- Narcotics Division makes 12 arrests
- Snow removal cost estimate provided
- Family loses gifts in fire
- Six individuals receive prison sentences
- Major damage reported in early morning fire
- Cowboy Christmas held in Mt. Vernon
- Openings remain for Citizens Police Academy
- Snow impacts school calendars
- Deer harvest totals down
- MVTHS may intervene on a tax appeal