Mt. Vernon Register-News

Local

December 11, 2013

Road closed due to gas leak

MT. VERNON — The Mt. Vernon Fire Department Wednesday afternoon barricaded a portion of 12th Street at First United Methodist Church due to a gas leak. The leak was caused by snow and ice falling from the church's roof and striking a gas meter.

No injuries were reported and authorities responded to the leak at around 3:30 p.m.

The public is asked to avoid the area at this time. Additional information will be released as it becomes available.

1
Text Only
Local

Local Photo