MT. VERNON —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Daniel Wayne Montgomery, 21, of the 100 block of North Elm Street in Ina, was arrested at 2:13 a.m. Sunday on a charge of aggravated domestic battery.
- Cortney R. Pepple, 29, of the 800 block of South 19th Street, was arrested at 1:31 p.m. Saturday on a charge of retail theft. Bond was set at $1,000. Pepple was released.
- Darius J. Walker, 24, of Chicago, was arrested at 3:54 a.m. Saturday on a charge of resisting, obstructing or disarming a peace officer.
- Brittany N. McCain, 22, of the 200 block of West Jones Street in Woodlawn, was arrested at 2:46 a.m. Saturday on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Emel Hawkey, 56, of Odin, was arrested at 1:52 p.m. Friday on a charge of retail theft. Bond was set at $1,000. Hawkey was released.
- Walter R. Golliday, 45, of the 500 block of South 15th Street, was arrested at 11:55 a.m. Friday on a charge of driving on a suspended or revoked license. Bond was set at $1,500.
- An employee of Mike’s Service reported at 1:19 p.m. Monday several items were stolen from the business over the weekend.
- Residential burglary was reported in the 500 block of South 13th Street at 8:39 a.m. Monday.
- An employee of King City Liquor told police at 7:58 p.m. Sunday a shoplifter was found on the business’ security video.
- A resident of the 1200 block of South 16th Street reported medication stolen from their home at 2:52 p.m. Sunday.
- A laptop was reported stolen from a residence in the 700 block of South 18th Street at 11:54 a.m. Sunday.
- An employee of Shorty’s Used Hardware reported at 2:03 p.m. Saturday several items were taken from the business.
- A shoplifter was reported at Kohl’s at 12:43 p.m. Saturday. The suspect, a juvenile, was released.
- A woman reported at 12:39 p.m. Saturday her wallet was stolen while she was at Huck’s on Second Street Friday.
- Loss prevention personnel at Wal-Mart told police at 12:29 p.m. the business had a shoplifter in custody. The suspect was arrested.
- An employee of Shorty’s Used Hardware said at 8:24 a.m. Saturday a cherry picker was stolen from the business.
- Residential burglary was reported in the 700 block of South 18th Street at 6:40 p.m. Friday.
- A fight was reported at the Hideout at 12:39 a.m. Sunday.
- A fight was reported at Dunham’s at 8:15 p.m. Saturday.
- A two-vehicle accident was reported 2:34 p.m. Friday on Illinois Highway 142 just north of Continental Tire. According to an MVPD report, Joseph M. Moyers, 27, of the 500 block of South Park Street in Sesser, was traveling southbound on 142 when he slowed at a traffic light and his vehicle was struck from behind. Larry D. Hawkins Jr., 34, of the 22700 block of North Tolle Lane in Texico, said he was unable to stop in time and couldn’t avoid rear-ending Moyers. One of Hawkins’ passengers, Terry Metts, of the 2300 block of Wescott Street, was transported to Good Samaritan Regional Health Center for treatment. Hawkins was cited.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Calvin J. Clark, 22, of the 300 block of South Hickory Street in Belle Rive, was arrested at 9:36 p.m. Sunday on an out-of-state warrant. Bond was set at $5,000.
- Michael A. Loss, 28, of the 16500 block of North Illinois Highway 37, was arrested at 6:58 p.m. Friday on a charge of driving on a suspended or revoked license. Bond was set at $1,500. Loss was released.
- A two-vehicle accident was reported 7:47 p.m. Sunday in the 15900 block of East Illinois Highway 142. According to JCSO Major Scott Burge, Darrell Mitchell, 63, of the 16000 block of Illinois Highway 142, was waiting to turn left when his vehicle was struck from behind by Calvin Clark, 22, of the 300 block of South Hickory Street in Belle Rive. Kenneth Holland, 80, of the 15900 block of Illinois Highway 142, was in Mitchell’s vehicle at the time of the collision and was transported to a hospital for treatment of gall bladder pain.
Illinois State Police
- Mary Beth Beckham, 48, of the 7000 block of North Cherryville Lane in Waltonville, was arrested at 3:14 a.m. Saturday on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol. Bond was set at $3,000. Beckham was released.