Industrial Park resolution approved
MT. VERNON -- With only 25 acres left in the Rolland W. Lewis Industrial Park, city leaders have planned for future economic development by approving a resolution Monday night to purchase additional property. The 100 acres will be purchased for $1.75Continued ...
Granada celebrates 76 years
MT. VERNON -- The Granada Center for the Performing Arts celebrated the 76th anniversary Monday. Residents were invited to a reception with hors d'oeuvres and music. The guests enjoyed Christmas music performed by members of the Cedarhurst Choral ProContinued ...
Operation Love provides more than 620 meals
This year's Operation Love project provided more than 620 hot meals to area residents in need.Continued ...
Marriage licenses: Dec. 11 -- Samuel C. Milligan and Karissa Leigh-Ann Higgs, both of Dix. Dec. 11 --Scottie L. Thompson and Tracy L. Palmer, both of Mt. Vernon. Dec. 12 -- Harrison D. Dial of Thompsonville and Deborah A. Gibbs of Benton. DissolutionContinued ...
Plans begin for Industrial Park
MT. VERNON -- The city has located 100 acres for a new industrial park, and will be discussing an option on the property during its meeting Monday. "It's located immediately south of Neon Sign," said City Manager Ron Neibert. "If we exercise the optiContinued ...
- Airport seeks new equipment
- Bids opened for new high school
- RLCF hosts annual dinner
- Nearly 700 families to receive Christmas baskets
- District 80 to undergo state audit
- District 80 to be audited by the state
- Gas leak resolved at First United Methodist Church
- District 80 adopts tax levy
- Granada to host 'Grinch' cartoon
- Anonymous donation surprises United Way
- Industrial Park resolution approved