Jail nurse files complaint
MT. VERNON -- A former nurse at the Jefferson County Justice Center has filed a three-count complaint in Jefferson Circuit Court. The complaint was filed on Feb. 24 by Alton attorneys Lee W. Barron and William D. Buchanan on behalf of Alberta "Sissy"Continued ...
Accident shuts down I-57
SESSER -- The northbound lanes of Interstate 57 were closed for nearly eight hours Tuesday following a five-vehicle accident, including an unmarked Illinois State Police vehicle. According to information from ISP, the accident happened at 3:35 p.m. aContinued ...
Accident closes interstate
SESER — Illinois State Police are continuing their investigation into an accident on Interstate 57 Tuesday afternoon that closed the northbound lanes near Sesser for nearly eight hours.Continued ...
Council seeking grants
MT. VERNON -- The city has submitted applications for work on the former armory building and to create a new industrial park. The Illinois Department of Natural Resources Park and Recreational Facility Construction Grant is rarely offered, but the tiContinued ...
Republican candidates compete
Editor's Note: This is the second profile of candidates running in contested races in Jefferson County for the March 18 Primary Election. Today, the Republican candidates for Jefferson County Sheriff are highlighted. MT. VERNON -- Three candidates arContinued ...
- Teacher loses locks for cure
- Brehm Library to host author event Thursday
- Program to focus on Howe
- Local history program to shine spotlight on Julia Ward Howe
- Brehm Library to host author presentation
- MVTHS gears up for 'South Pacific'
- Polar Plunge draws a crowd to Rend Lake
- Council approves TIF agreements
- Democrat candidates compete
- Cancellations Tuesday, March 4
- Jail nurse files complaint