Local history program to shine spotlight on Julia Ward Howe
The Jefferson County Historical Society will present an educational program on American abolitionist Julia Ward Howe at 2 p.m. March 15 at the Historical Village.Continued ...
Brehm Library to host author presentation
Southern Illinois author Harry Spiller will speak about his book, "Veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan," during a presentation at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Brehm Library.Continued ...
MVTHS gears up for 'South Pacific'
By TRAVIS MORSE firstname.lastname@example.org MVTHS gears up for 'South Pacific'Continued ...
Polar Plunge draws a crowd to Rend Lake
By TRAVIS MORSE email@example.com Polar Plunge draws a crowd to Rend LakeContinued ...
Council approves TIF agreements
MT. VERNON -- The city council approved downtown tax increment finance agreements with seven businesses on Monday. King City Books will receive $40,000; Lowery's Irish Pub will receive $50,000; Girolamo's will receive $75,000; Headpieces by Toni willContinued ...
- Democrat candidates compete
- Cancellations Tuesday, March 4
- City discusses TIF agreements
- JFPD gets $26K grant
- Rams fall to Orphans in finale
- Physician's license on probation
- RLC hosts Warrior Showcase
- Cop disciplines remain secret
- Leaf burning announced
- Local history program to shine spotlight on Julia Ward Howe