Santa to appear at Cedarhurst
MT. VERNON -- A family holiday event, Christmas with Santa will be held at Cedarhurst Center for the Arts. The program is part of the School Performing Arts series held at the facility, however, this is the first time a performance will be held in thContinued ...
Car hits motorcycle on Broadway
Mt. Vernon Police Department is investigating a two-vehicle accident about 2 p.m. Wednesday in the 3400 block of Broadway.Continued ...
MVTHS School Report Card data won't change
Mt. Vernon Township High School's 2012-2013 state test results will remain the same as what's listed in the district's recently released School Report Card.Continued ...
Aggregate plan helping residents save
MT. VERNON -- Residents who are in the city's electric aggregate are seeing a 14 percent savings over last year, according to Jeff Haarmann of Affordable Gas and Electric. "We initially anticipated a 26 percent savings for those in the aggregate," HaContinued ...
Christmas Parade to light up town
MT. VERNON -- Downtown will be lit with a "Star-Spangled Christmas" for the Christmas parade on Saturday. According to parade organizer John Scrivner, the theme was chosen in honor of the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. He expects the floaContinued ...
- Grinch to visit the Granada
- Six sheriff candidates in primary
- Operation Love offers hot meals
- Six sheriff candidates seek office
- Sting targets disabled parking violations
- NAACP to hold workshop
- Levy reflects pension issues
- Church presents Living Christmas Tree
- Two injuredin car accident
- Secretary of State Police hold parking sting in Mt. Vernon
- Santa to appear at Cedarhurst